Wastegate

Freedom Ammo in Mantua?

A quick update to a post that appeared earlier to this forum about FREEDOM AMMO the

new “Guns, Ammo, and Supply’s” store in Mantua (Gloucester County), NJ.

The store opened on September 30, I stopped in on my way home from work today to check it out. I was pleasantly surprised to see the proprietor to be a local area LEO who retired from the job about a year and a half ago.  He said it was always his desire to have a gun store so, here it is.

Right now he has “no guns” as he is wrapping up federal and state licensing issues, he does have a full case of ammo, some cases, etc. I was able to pick up 2 boxes of American Eagle 357 Magnum 158 gr JSP’s priced at just a dollar more than advertised on the internet (before shipping applied) . He also provided a good half hour of conversation, and he has a coffee pot (Keurig) set up for like minded people interested in passing some time. He said a couple guys were coming down from up north to set him up with 2A literature to spread the word.

The store is located in a small strip mall across the street from Gino’s Driving Range, his phone number (posted on a sign in front of his business and painted on his truck) is 856 848 2666.

If you get a chance to stop in and talk to Glenn you will see that he is the kind of guy, and this is the kind of business we should all want to succeed.

as a side note if anyone has an idea..whats the average time from application to getting an FFL,

Currently indefinite from the shutdown I assume...

His ammo prices are pretty good to.  He is closed this weekend as he will be at a gun show selling ammo.

Just wanted to add to this conversation..... I stopped in to Freedom Ammo last weekend and also had a very, very good vibe from the owner Glenn. He seems like a good guy and I hope he will do well at this location. He should be stocking guns very soon. Stop in and see him, as he is a real friendly guy. Support your LGS!!

Just an update, his FFL is in and will be stocking guns next week.  He already has some Remington 870s Police Magnums, and is expecting to get in some sig sauer handguns and 10/22 takedowns next week. If your planning on making a trip I would stop in towards the end of the week just to be sure or give him a call.

http://freedomammonj.com/

Just an update, his FFL is in and will be stocking guns next week.  He already has some Remington 870s Police Magnums, and is expecting to get in some sig sauer handguns and 10/22 takedowns next week. If your planning on making a trip I would stop in towards the end of the week just to be sure or give him a call.

http://freedomammonj.com/

Were the 870s new or used...wood or poly and did you notice price?

Thanks for the response!...i just got an email response from them ... They mentioned "still working on getting set up with nj nics".... Id like to pick up one tomorrow.... Do you know if they are able to sell or just taking deposits?

Geez. September 30 is more than 11 months away.

Newt, that post was written September 19 of this year, he did open up on the 30th. He wasn't full ready when he opened (no guns, no FFL), but he's been growing steadily ever since.

The government shutdown slowed up his FFL, but it's hanging on the wall as of yesterday. He has plenty of ammo, and working on his gun inventory - looks like he should have a nice mix of new/used. The owner has some good LEO ties, and he seems to be into Preperations.

Learned yesterday that Glen has entered into a business relationship with a non-firearms tactical supplier, he now has tactical gear packs, clothing, chest rigs, and tactical accessories in stock.

Also met Arbelist in the shop the other day, he's a member and frequent contributor to this forum - nice guy!

Thanks for the response!...i just got an email response from them ... They mentioned "still working on getting set up with nj nics".... Id like to pick up one tomorrow.... Do you know if they are able to sell or just taking deposits?

I would ask him if you can do that I know he already has 2 on deposit.

Newt, that post was written September 19 of this year, he did open up on the 30th. He wasn't full ready when he opened (no guns, no FFL), but he's been growing steadily ever since.

The government shutdown slowed up his FFL, but it's hanging on the wall as of yesterday. He has plenty of ammo, and working on his gun inventory - looks like he should have a nice mix of new/used. The owner has some good LEO ties, and he seems to be into Preperations.

Learned yesterday that Glen has entered into a business relationship with a non-firearms tactical supplier, he now has tactical gear packs, clothing, chest rigs, and tactical accessories in stock.

Also met Arbelist in the shop the other day, he's a member and frequent contributor to this forum - nice guy!

Only kidding.

We're upgrading our kitchen. It was supposed to be done on October 1. We're still slogging through. I asked the contractor today if he meant October 2013 or 2014.