Sign in to follow this  
gfl216

Just Right Carbine

I have one in 9mm takes Glock mags. I haven't had any problems with it. I don't shoot it much but it has always worked when I did. The have caliber xchange kits to make it any caliber they make. I bought it awhile ago so I don't know what they are going for now. I think if  I was to be thinking about a PCC  I would either go with the Beretta or Taurus instead of the JRC.

A no frills carbine that when properly lubed runs well. A fair amount of parts based on AR15 platform. "Lower" uses AR15 parts in the FCG, so you can change springs, grip, etc. "Barrel Nut" is standard AR15 thread so you can replace with forearm of your choice. Buffer tube extension is a commercial type so stock can be replaced. You have to be aware of the tube length as there is a length requirement here for proper operation of the bolt.

Kits for other calibers (9MM, 40SW, 45ACP) can be purchased and swapped for multiple caliber use. Glock based mags are used. I have not seen a 1911 mag conversion kit yet. Charging handle and ejection port can be left or right.

Downsides, no bolt hold open on last shot and the bolt is a little finicky(needs to be kept clean). Cleaning requires disassembly of carbine. Easy to do, but again, disassembly non the less.

Given the state of the carbine market, a nice concept with a few rough edges. Am I keeping it? Yes. Would I buy it again? That would take some thought. I work on most of my own, so it is not as much an issue to me. I like the ability to R/R with open market parts. Barrel, bolt, ejection port cover, and buffer, are about the all of the major parts that would need to be OEMed.

It is a neat little rock and roller. When it goes to PA, my PA buddies love it with their "standard +" magazines, I must say.

A no frills carbine that when properly lubed runs well. A fair amount of parts based on AR15 platform. "Lower" uses AR15 parts in the FCG, so you can change springs, grip, etc. "Barrel Nut" is standard AR15 thread so you can replace with forearm of your choice. Buffer tube extension is a commercial type so stock can be replaced. You have to be aware of the tube length as there is a length requirement here for proper operation of the bolt.

Kits for other calibers (9MM, 40SW, 45ACP) can be purchased and swapped for multiple caliber use. Glock based mags are used. I have not seen a 1911 mag conversion kit yet. Charging handle and ejection port can be left or right.

Downsides, no bolt hold open on last shot and the bolt is a little finicky(needs to be kept clean). Cleaning requires disassembly of carbine. Easy to do, but again, disassembly non the less.

Given the state of the carbine market, a nice concept with a few rough edges. Am I keeping it? Yes. Would I buy it again? That would take some thought. I work on most of my own, so it is not as much an issue to me. I like the ability to R/R with open market parts. Barrel, bolt, ejection port cover, and buffer, are about the all of the major parts that would need to be OEMed.

It is a neat little rock and roller. When it goes to PA, my PA buddies love it with their "standard +" magazines, I must say.

I totally agree, when I do shoot it I really like it and if one wanted could turn this into a great rifle, that said I would rather do the work and spend my money on my AR's. The rifle is reliable and would be great to be able to have the Glock 33 round mags to play with. I have used it for knockdown steel and the way the bolt works the mags need to be seated just right so they don't go in to far and cause jams. This problem goes away if you seat the mags with a closed bolt and then rack the CH.

I am not sure if I would by it again but I will not be selling it anytime soon its fun to shoot and you are correct that a lot of AR parts work in this rifle and I would like to change the rails to something different down the road.