Quick question (and apology for not doing a better job of searching, (at work on my phone)).

Semi-auto handgun capacity 15+1 is that legal in NJ?

I understand mag capacity not to exceed 15, the +1, I assume is one in the chamber, don’t remember hearing that.

Looking at S&W M&P 40 mag capacity of 15+1

Thanks,

Don't want to hijack your thread but I have a follow question.  Is the 15-rd limit on the magazines only ?  How about tube feds that take diff calibers (like 22lr/22s/22l) ? If I understood it correctly, it is basically for semi-automatic firearms (pistol/rifles) whether mag or tube fed.  Am I off-base here ?

arnold r.

Don't want to hijack your thread but I have a follow question.  Is the 15-rd limit on the magazines only ?  How about tube feds that take diff calibers (like 22lr/22s/22l) ? If I understood it correctly, it is basically for semi-automatic firearms (pistol/rifles) whether mag or tube fed.  Am I off-base here ?

arnold r.

Tube fed semi-auto is subject to the 15rd limit. This is why the old Marlin 60 is illegal and someone did in fact get arrested for it. There was a bill by Jeff Van Drew to fix it this year in the gun control hoopla but Sweeney buried it.

Thanks Ryan for the reply.  When you say 'old' Marlin 60, I take that to mean based on manufacture date.  I remember reading that Marlin 60 used to have an 18 rd capacity.  So a lever gun like the Henry or Marlin 39A is not covered by the 15-rd limit then ?

arnoldr

Only semi auto has a 15 round limit. Bolt, lever and whatever else theoretically unlimited. 

Also 6 round limit for semi auto shot guns. 

When I mean old marlin 60 I mean the original one that had a 17 round capacity. They later made a Jersey crippled version with a 15 round fixed tube magazine. 

So heres a thought what about the new bolt guns that take ar mags. I cant remeber which one but since you are using it in a bolt gun then you wouldnt be breaking the law as having a semiauto that has more then 15 rd capacity. I know what the law is and they would still say it was a felony but it is in intresting thought

Now here's a thought. Take a 100 capacity Beta C-Mag and weld/glue a nub/nipple on the front of the tower. Then take your bolt/pump gun that accepts AR mags and notch the front of the magwell where the nub/nipple would be. Now you have a legal 100 round magazine that does not fit any semi-auto.

Now here's a thought. Take a 100 capacity Beta C-Mag and weld/glue a nub/nipple on the front of the tower. Then take your bolt/pump gun that accepts AR mags and notch the front of the magwell where the nub/nipple would be. Now you have a legal 100 round magazine that does not fit any semi-auto.

You've turned into a real rebel since you escaped, haven't you? Too much freedom going to your head?