alowerlevel

Bighorn Safe $599 @ Costco

I looks very similar to the Bighorn one, but has a 5 yr warranty instead of limited lifetime and free replacement for break-in or fire damage like the Bighorn does. Guess the question might be, is the extra $200 for a better warranty worth it?

They deliver it to the curb. Then what?? Can you pay to have them schlepp it down to the basement?

You get some friends and a handtruck and take it into your house.   Hell my dad and I moved it from the curb into the house by ourselves with just a large handtruck, we only had to go up 1 big step though.  Its not really that heavy (425lbs I think), just awkward.

I have to go down 12 steps. My wife would never allow a gun safe in the living room. To tell the truth, I'd not be too happy about it either. 

430 lbs. is a lot of f-ing weight. I'd be afraid to take it down the wooden steps to my basement. If I took down the outdoor steps, which are extremely narrow, I'd need help. Extreme help. Man, that's a lot of weight. Yikes.

I have to go down 12 steps. My wife would never allow a gun safe in the living room. To tell the truth, I'd not be too happy about it either. 

430 lbs. is a lot of f-ing weight. I'd be afraid to take it down the wooden steps to my basement. If I took down the outdoor steps, which are extremely narrow, I'd need help. Extreme help. Man, that's a lot of weight. Yikes.

looks like you need a few of the smaller ones

I dont think 430lbs is alot of weight personally, but then again Im 290lbs by myself, lol.   You can also take the door off when your moving it which will take about 100lbs off the weight.  But your still gonna need some friends and the right equipment to get it down that many steps, IMHO.

I bought a liberty that was almost 700lbs. I rented a powered dolly to get it up 4 porch steps, the door threshold, and 13 steps to the second floor. Tight fits at the bottom and top of the step's landing. Myself and my 67yr old father made it happen. Where there is a will there is a way. Going down steps are easier with the dolly by the way. It is my belief the steps would hold the weight of the 400lb safe provided the steps are not in a state of disrepair. It cost about $125 for the dolly rental for the day, but TOTALLY worth it.

the alternative is a moving company or a safe company that provides moving services that will bang you 300-500 bucks to move the safe that cost you almost as much.

any thoughts on the the Big Horn on the right??   -this was the same set up @ my Costco this morning.

Do you remember the size/model number? For that price you can get a good liberty for a similar size (unless thats a 6039 which costcos site says is $1600) Rhino is a decent safe for the price and what you get (sub 1k safe for big size with fire rating as a step above gun cabinets security)