Sign in to follow this  
Spike 7.62

Hm, now what?

I've been on a major handgun kick lately. Of those pistols pictured, 6 are from the last 12 months. I usually have 2 major interests; defensive/tactical and historical. I don't have a budget in mind but I only move on a gun if I think I'm getting a good value. I'm just seeking a little brain food.

8816EA4E-EC65-40F8-B04E-0422F597AD18-105

So, what would you do next?

Thank you guys for the kind words. Nitrospaz the 1911 is a Franken-pistol; slide, trigger and hammer are pre-1924 M1911 and the rest is M1911A1. Frame is US Army / Govt Property marked, GHD inspected, dated the serial number to 1945. The Luger is all original, all matching, including the magazine, Mauser 1940.

I think a nice Colt Woodsman or a Browning HiPower would be a nice addition.  Although you are lacking a CZ 75B or variant.  Or, maybe a nice stainless S&W Model 625. 

The Browning HP is on my list but I need to find a Nazi marked FN for a "reasonable to me" price. I would also like the FEG copy, but the FN is mandatory for the WWII collection. Johnny, I use the M9 at work so I don't think I'll ever buy one. Same with the AR platform, after 7 years of working with it I got bored of the ones at home. Not too much of a revolver guy, but I'm really into the Taurus 608.

I appreciate everyone's replies, the only thing keeping me awake today!

I shoot most of them. The M1911A1, S&W M&P and Glock 27 go to every range trip. The black powder guns have been used at Civil War re-enactments but not live fired, and I haven't gotten around to firing the rest. The Spanish Ruby is a little fragile but I do have a box of ammo for it, and though I fired the Luger when I first got it I don't plan to again just to be easy on the gun.

Lorcin L380. A "Saturday night special" if that's a recognized category. I paid $80 for the gun, underarm holster and box of ammo. If you're willing to do a little smoothing of the mating metal surfaces you will end up with a reliable gun. It's heavy, so recoil is very manageable. It's my guilty pleasure, but I do have a buyer for it.