gfl216

High Standard 22 lr

This was my brothers gun. He passed away and his wife is looking to sell it. She asked me if I knew anything about this gun and what I think it's worth. I did a search on GB and few other auction sites but didn't really find much. The only info I have on it right now is that It's a High Standard chambered for 22 lr and It dose not have any magazines. I know it's hard to say with just a pic but can anyone give me a ball park on what it may be worth?

post-5836-0-38575200-1383972250_thumb.jpeg

Sorry, I gotta disagree - I think $500 - $600 is high for this gun. While High Standards were/are in demand by bullseye shooters (a dwindling demographic), the ones they want are the higher end target pistols like the Victor. The telling feature is the sight mounted to the slide. The target guns either used a bridge over the slide, or, on older guns, mounted ahead of the slide to preclude the battering imparted to the sight every time the slide cycles. This is a great plinker and I would rank it with a Ruger Mk III Target. Mags are obtainable but that will be added expense. I would place a value on that gun - as it is - at not more than $300.

JMHO - not angling to buy it.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Concur with the guess that its a supermatic trophy.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=374637516

Shot one in college, when I was on the pistol team (imagine that NOW).  They're magnificent pistols, though the reserve price cited on the above auction is high.  That pistol is in phenominal shape, but they'll never get $985...

Concur with the guess that its a supermatic trophy.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=374637516

Shot one in college, when I was on the pistol team (imagine that NOW).  They're magnificent pistols, though the reserve price cited on the above auction is high.  That pistol is in phenominal shape, but they'll never get $985...

I don't know who Judge Griffin is / was but $900.00+ for the HS Supermatic is just crazy.........................LOL

Thanks for every ones in put, I tend to agree with Pizza Bob, without a magazine It's probably worth somewhere in the $300 range.

500 to 600 is a reason able number and my condolences on your loss. How is everyone holding up?

Thank you, It's been a while but still rough on the kids.

Mags are expensive and hard to find for that gun.  I would not say they are finicky but they do like to be clean.  I have one and I love it.  Its a nice shooting pistol.  I would put it on par with the MkIII Hunter I have. 

Like all used guns, it is worth whatever anyone will pay for it. 

Sorry for your loss.

Good Luck

ken

Hey guys, I just got off the phone with my sister in-law and she said she wants the gun out of the house and will sell it for $150. If anyone is or knows someone who might be interested let me know and I'll put you in touch with her.