n4p226r

building my first AR. what "must have" items are i missing?

so im building my first AR.  i kinda went all out.  but i feel like i need a few more things.  here's what im thinking.

What i have or have coming to me

Lower:

noveske chainsaw gen II lower

colt lower parts kit without trigger or safety lever

geissele SSA

bad-cass long/short lever

noveske end plate

vltor imod kit

tangodown bg-17

vltor swivel swing stud

Upper:

noveske / vltor MUR upper

noveske 14.5" low profile CHF barrel

noveske 13.5" NSR

pinned battlecomp 1.5

noveske / troy flip up sights

aimpoint micro T1 in ADM socom mount

haley strategic thorntail mount and inforce light

also have a few 15/30 and 10rd pmags

still need:

1.discreet small rifle bag, probably one that carries the upper and lower separately.  suggestions?

2.probably a good idea to pick up that new raven concealment ar upper guard if i am going to do that

3.some sling??

4.cleaning tools.  i have a 22 caliber bore snake that i hardly used with my 10/22.  and milcom grease, oil, and cleaner.  what else would i need?

5. the vltor kit comes with a carbine buffer but it seems noveske ships most of their 5.56 rifles with H buffer.  for $25 i guess ill pick one of those up too.  

also need a better understanding of how to properly sight it in.  and at what distance do you zero the red dot and iron sights for.  

so whats the consensus.  

"i kinda went all out" - That was an understatement! Sorry i cant help, but i cant wait to see this thing when your done!

haha.  well it is a chainsaw lower, which is good because i suck at putting the bolt catch release in.  so i didnt technically go "all" out.  but i pretty much didnt cheap out anywhere that i can think of.  i guess whats worse is im thinking of building a 22 AR that is the exact same thing except for an H1 and gen1 noveske chainsaw lower.  

As covert as covert can be.  plenty of room for two rifles and a pile of accessories.  Some modding will likely be required.

http://www.sportsauthority.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11372011&cp=11923746.11958565.2782299&parentPage=family

15/30 because that's what was available when I walked in the store. I only have 3 plus a noveske Johnny mag. If probably just get the cut down Midwest px ones if I get more.

I don't have a plate carrier or chest rig. Would love one but don't know I'd ever use it. I do have a set of the raven concealment belt modular thing with the two taco pouches.

This bag is exactly what I am looking for. Can't find it anywhere though.

http://cheaperthandirt.com/blog/?p=6296

Just put them on the loops on the end, IWC sells them with QDs and a tri-glide http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/category/combo-deals/slings-1/

It looks like you just unthread through the buckle and then through a qd then back through?

The reason I ask is I see some with sewn in qd and some short qd buckles with short strap and a two piece buckle

It looks like you just unthread through the buckle and then through a qd then back through?

The reason I ask is I see some with sewn in qd and some short qd buckles with short strap and a two piece buckle

Are you talking about the LaRue version of the vtac sling? The extra plastic buckles are there in case you need to get out of your sling in a real hurry ie drowning with your gear in after falling off a boat.

It also adds some length to the sling

Well the sewn in swivels usually have the buckles on it.

Its more like qd or threaded through for the vtac or vcas. I don't think the buckle isnt really necessary for what I do. If you put the sling webbing through the tri glide correctly you won't have to worry about it sliding free.

I do like the qd swivels just for ease of use and mounting options.