Sign in to follow this  
Kimber45

300 blackout

Someone please help..... I can't stop myself 3 builds in and now Iam looking at a 4th........ now that parts are becoming more and more available I keep buying stuff...... I have a A4 clone and m4gery and a Afghan type build all turned out really nice. My next build I was looking for something diffrent so I was thinking something in 300 BLK.... I know I can't run a suppressor and Iam cool with that. I like the larger cal. In the ar platform and the fact that you can reuse 223/556 brass.... I am an experienced reloader so that's not much of an issue.... anyhow any input good or bad would be welcome.....thanks all....

Someone please help..... I can't stop myself 3 builds in and now Iam looking at a 4th........ now that parts are becoming more and more available I keep buying stuff...... I have a A4 clone and m4gery and a Afghan type build all turned out really nice. My next build I was looking for something diffrent so I was thinking something in 300 BLK.... I know I can't run a suppressor and Iam cool with that. I like the larger cal. In the ar platform and the fact that you can reuse 223/556 brass.... I am an experienced reloader so that's not much of an issue.... anyhow any input good or bad would be welcome.....thanks all....

Honestly, there is no help for you.  I know because I'm in the same boat.  I am about to start a self imposed boycott of gun stores as my funds are going to be better served (in terms of staying married) fixing up my house.  Unfortunately, it's either/or in my current situation. 

I don't own an operational AR.  I have begun my first build, a ground up in...  300Blk.  I reload as well and honestly enjoy that part of the hobby almost as much as shooting so that is a large part of the appeal for me to this round.  I think it's just a really neat round that will be fun to shoot. 

FWIW, the 220-245gn hardcast lead projectiles are supposedly still pretty quiet.  I am trying to suss some out to try thru my gun at some point.  Be sure to keep us updated on the progress.

C

Just give in and let it go. I have all seekins build with ar stoner barrel, whisper buffer snd Giesele SSA-E trigger. Great caliber and load data can be found.

I have built many custom ARs so far, but for money, you can't beat the AACMPW300 rifle.  For around $1500, you have yourself a good solid rifle from the guys who came up with 300 blackout rounds.  KAC rail hand guard and SSA trigger with 1/7 twist barrel. You cant beat it.IMO

As a matter of fact Iam married and she's a gun nut too.....lol.... she wants her own build but Iam not too fond of the pink or purple choices of color though........ugh..... I might be able to tolerate Colts "Muddy girl" edition but good luck finding one..... I guess it's OK because I have plenty of flat black Ceylon if the shit hits the fan......haha.... thanks for all the input guys.. the only bad thing about this site is it costs me more money........

Cor-Bon Ammunition Ballistics

Round Type          Weight     Muzzle Energy ft/lbs. Muzzle Velocity ft/sec.

300 AAC Blackout FMJ 240     533                                  1000

300 AAC Blackout BT 125      1406                                 2250

300 AAC Blackout DPX 110    1407                                 2400

Cor-Bon Ammunition Ballistics

Round Type Weight           Muzzle Energy ft/lbs. Muzzle Velocity ft/sec.

44 Magnum JHP 180                  1122                              1675

44 Magnum JHP 240                   1160                              1475

44 Magnum BCHP 260                1214                              1450

44 Magnum BCSP 280                1133                               1350

44 Magnum DPX 225                    911                                1350

44 Magnum JSP 300                     1041                              1250

44 Magnum FPPN 305                  1058                              1250

44 Magnum HC 320                        981                               1175

44 Magnum JHP 165                      619                                1300

:russian:

Yep I want one!   Don't shoot heavy bullets!

Old School...

The ballistic comparison is neat but it doesn't tell the whole story.  Comparing the heavy 300 bullets to a 44 mag round is neat.  However the heavy 300 bullets are meant to be suppressed.  That's their purpose.  Although a 44 magnum running suppressed sounds neat, I don't know how great an idea it would be.  So, in reality it's a bit of an unfair comparison given their differing purposes.  That 240 grainer running out of a very quiet gun will kill someone quite as dead as the 44 will.  You will just be able to hear again, is all.

Not trying to start a piss-fest.  Just a heads up.

C

As a matter of fact Iam married and she's a gun nut too.....lol.... she wants her own build but Iam not too fond of the pink or purple choices of color though........ugh..... I might be able to tolerate Colts "Muddy girl" edition but good luck finding one..... I guess it's OK because I have plenty of flat black Ceylon if the shit hits the fan......haha.... thanks for all the input guys.. the only bad thing about this site is it costs me more money........

Does she have a sister? :D