Sign in to follow this  
silverado427

He explained that I was holding the trigger and it wasn't resetting.

Sorry, not tracking with this...

Holding the trigger back should not prevent the hammer from cocking/trigger from resetting. Follow-through is an important part of shooting and controlling the trigger both ways (straight to the rear and then back out to reset) is an important step to master.

Did he say you should be pressing the trigger then getting off it right away to make the trigger work?

Holding the trigger back should not prevent the hammer from cocking/trigger from resetting. Follow-through is an important part of shooting and controlling the trigger both ways (straight to the rear and then back out to reset) is an important step to master.

Did he say you should be pressing the trigger then getting off it right away to make the trigger work?

I think there is a mix up of words here.. because I agree with you.. when I am shooting slow I feel as if I have the trigger held rearward while everything is moving.. only letting the trigger creep far enough forward to reset.. 

This. I dry fire all the time (with this trigger) holding it all the way back then charging the gun, rinse, repeat. Are you sure the springs are installed correctly?

I also did the same thing the first time I installed a trigger into an AR. So take your shout out back as the guy a BA should of known this, I don't know what he was doing with the trigger and he probably doesn't either.

Anyway good find and glad you got it straight!