Has anyone heard of Randal Rausch who is a gunsmith and operates http://www.ar15barrels.com/index.html out of Sherma Oaks, California. Is he legit? Has anyone had any work done by him?

Any info on him would be appreciated as I'm thinking about having some work done on my barrel

Thanks

He seems like a nice guy I have not purchased anything from him but he did email me back withing 24 hours regarding what he has in stock. I sent him the following:

"Hello i am looking to purchase a 9mm barrels what sizes do you have and what do they cost?

Thanks"

his response: "Evin-

I am not producing any 9 mm Barrels at this time.
I am concentrating on service work such as shortening and threading of existing barrels or rebuilding uppers and stuff like that...

Last I heard he is not profiling barrels anymore. He knows what he is doing, but from the sounds of it, there were just too many customers wanting what he wanted to sell as a service for his abilities as a businessman to keep up. He could either become a manufacturer, which he had neither the money or inclination to do, piss off his customers with supply chain issues and not enough time in the lathe, or he could just work on customer barrels and fit rid of inventory issues and get more hours per day on machining.

He posted the notice publicly, could have sworn it was still on his website someplace.