tony357

Four Wheeli'n Thomas Ave Pit..

Its down south NJ. Long ride from NNJ.

There is no place in NJ to ride legally,other than that one atv park. Forget where it is.

I ride up in Wharton and down in Haskel near 287, ride the power lines all the way to Mahwah, some decent trails

Give up your NNJ riding spots !! Spread the quad love. Separate post maybe?

Where is this? Is it legal to quad there?

I'm looking for a place to quad without driving to PA every time.

This is a private pit they open it twice a year to the public, new years day and one day during the summer.. years ago the pit was always open and you could shoot and 4 wheel all the time.

So anyone want to sahre where they ride up in NNJ? I will . If you take the rd parallel to route 287 in Haskell. Find a legal place to park.

There are a couple of trails that go in by a fenced area..You will be going towards a valley where 287 spans. There is some water crossing and plenty of trails.You can ride up into suffern.

There are a few decent trails right under 287 with some banks and hills..

ok give em up!

We used to ride in the Newark Water Shed from Canistear rd and off route 94 towards warwick NY.  It has bee many years so I don't know how much that area has developed.

I used to take my truck back there off canistear rd when i lived up that way. Lots of riding but very very rockie. I also ride back by Big Johns PUB that is on old RT 23 behind the Dairy Queen on rt 23N

In Newfoundland . It's also part of the water shed . Its 10K acres with only 2 people to patrol it. Never saw anyone else while riding there.

The water shed has extensive trails though.

I know Big Jhhns and the pub across the street from it and yes we rode dirt biles back there as well.  Lots of good trails and you could go from Vernon to west Milford all the way to NY state if tou so desired.

I know Big Jhhns and the pub across the street from it and yes we rode dirt biles back there as well.  Lots of good trails and you could go from Vernon to west Milford all the way to NY state if tou so desired.

Big johns is the pub across the street lol. But yeah the rd across from there. Like i said its seriously rockie. Some big boulders to 4 wheel crawl over. My grizzly will go anywhere i have the nuts to go

Ooohhh...I need to bring my truck there

Most of the trails off of canistear rd are big enough for trucks since thats what the water shed people use to get around back there..

There are a number of places to go in. You can go just about all the way around the reservoir off canistear if i remember correctly . It;s been some time since i drove back there

ooops my bad you meant the place in Tuckerton

Its down south NJ. Long ride from NNJ.

There is no place in NJ to ride legally,other than that one atv park. Forget where it is.

I ride up in Wharton and down in Haskel near 287, ride the power lines all the way to Mahwah, some decent trails

Give up your NNJ riding spots !! Spread the quad love. Separate post maybe?

The so called legal ATV park is in Woodbine and you need a registered and insured ATV to ride there. The strange thing is that the NJDMV does not register ATV's...

They have the worst/shortest hours and only allow about 20 people a day ride there.

Makes about as much sense as the gun laws in this state.

The so called legal ATV park is in Woodbine and you need a registered and insured ATV to ride there. The strange thing is that the NJDMV does not register ATV's...

They have the worst/shortest hours and only allow about 20 people a day ride there.

I use to register both of mine and insure them the cops here would let you go on your way back then..my reg #s are still on both..never registered the blaster...

How did you renew it? When they run your VIN number it will come up as "For Offroad Use Only". They do for dirt bikes. I inquired to get my ATC registered and DMV said no way. Even the local dealership told me only dual sports can get registered.

Also, coming from dirtbike/atc/atv forums, it is not good to post riding spots (illegal) in public forum. We always sent PM's to people about riding spots.

I walked into DMV and renewed it. No questions , Gave them My insurance info and ID  and that was it. went and paid for it.

While they dont specifically say you can ride in the places i ride they also dont have any posted signs up either. I have yet to hear of anyone getting harassed unless they were just being complete idiots and then they deserve it. Be respectful of the land,dont litter,dont destroy anything and be polite if confronted. SO far i have never been confronted by anyone over many years of riding.

On another note i think im going to plan a trip to the Hatfield and McCoy trails in W Va this spring or early summer

I agree with you 100%. So DMV gave you a license plate for you quad? Interesting. I know in Wharton State Forest the Park Police will pull over/chase people/impound bikes.

I would love to go down to H & M to ride one day.

Your not allowed in any state forest.. No license plate you are issued registration Numbers like a boat and you put them on the Quad..

Yeah no plates. Ny issues plates. Like tony said you get reg number and put them on your machine.

I'm making plans to go down to H & M .Im shooting for late spring early summer. Trying to get 5-8 people.

I have a few buddies that may go..

:lol: :lol: "20 people a day ride there..." :lol:

20 people haven't rode there since the place opened!  I go by it a few times every weekend and there has never been anyone there, other than a couple state rangers that just sit there with the truck idling, and a state forest employee sitting in a car playing on her phone all day. 

These are things your tax dollars are paying for. 

It's about a 1/2 mile complete deep sand course wide enough to drive a tractor trailer through.  There are some "bumps" that you might be able to jump, except the rules posted say no jumping, wheelies, or reckless riding.  I got in trouble the first day they opened, I wheelied down the start of the course(goes down hill a bit), and the next lap around the state forest lady was flagging me down and yelled at me for it. 

I haven't gone back on the bike since.

Sad when you cant enjoy  all the land that your tax dollars pay for. Its not just PRNJ. It's just about the entire country restricting people to death,dont do this, you cant do that .

Oh and while you are at it you have to pay for this Govt run agency that will waste your tax dollars at will. Enjoy your stay