Rob0115

T-Mobile users

I knew I would get a response from you...if it's the only carrier inside The Rock, then why does it suck so bad. It's literally as soon as I walk through the doors, I have good service and shitty download speed. So bad I don't even look at my phone! The horror!

They might be having issue with their equip and the rock might be fighting back giving them a hard time now not allowing them access...gonna see if I can find anything out.

This couldn't be more wrong...There absolutely is better frequency to which can penetrate structure more efficiently due to the curve. Back in the day Verizon and ATT cornered a lot of the lower band frequency buying it all up and just sitting on it...fast forward to the late 90's early 2K's...newer companies had to resort to the "scraps" so to speak...whenever the government made/makes blocks of spectrum available to bid, your big money corporations are able to outbid the smaller guys...without making this too confusing for everyone...this simple pic shows exactly how it works...its like skipping a rock on water, a slim smooth rock(high band frequency) skips nicely across a pond...a big clunky rock(low band frequency) just sinks.

Posted Image

Also, looks like you never really had T-Mobile...back then was Omnipoint and Voicestream and the network back then was utter garbage lmao...I'm here 14 years, and I'm amazed at how far the network has come.

All wireless carriers are a BUSINESS. I'm pretty sure there might be a tiny section in their business models that talks about making money lol.

Yes I know this. When it was 800 vs 1900, that was valid. It is NOT that any more. I linked a chart. All carriers are using bands all over the place. It isn't 1998 any more.

Yes I know this. When it was 800 vs 1900, that was valid. It is NOT that any more. I linked a chart. All carriers are using bands all over the place. It isn't 1998 any more.

it still holds a little true. T-Mo never had 700MHz till just now, which is even better than 850(only avail in the Carolinas after acquiring SunCom). T-Mo's main spectrum blocks range from 1700Mhz to 2100MHz...There is also 2500MHz which is only being used by Sprint for their 4G, which lol on that one heh.

T-Mobile's 4G works pretty well, but their secondary network is so slow that email times out before it can connect on my 4G mobile hotspot. Verizon has the best network, and they know it; that's why they charge so much more.

What do you mean secondary network? 2G/Edge? If so we cut that network literally in half to reuse that spectrum from GSM1900 to PCS1900...It won't be much longer till all of 2G is gone.

Does Tmobile have any towers in the Vernon area?  I won't get a smart phone because i'm not willing to pay Verizon $40 line access + $40 lowest tier data + taxes and fees.  It's just not worth it for as little as I'd use it.

I belive that it is called the Edge network. When I can connect to the 4G network, that is what my device connects to, and the service is aweful. T-Mobile is not in a big hurry to provide 4G in markets with few users. Unless you are in a large urban area or on a main travel corridor, T-Mobile 4G is not there.

Does Tmobile have any towers in the Vernon area?  I won't get a smart phone because i'm not willing to pay Verizon $40 line access + $40 lowest tier data + taxes and fees.  It's just not worth it for as little as I'd use it.

Looks like there are 4 towers in Vernon itself. Three covering the Mt. Creek area and one on Tower Lane...then u have the surrounding towns as well.

Looks like there are 4 towers in Vernon itself. Three covering the Mt. Creek area and one on Tower Lane...then u have the surrounding towns as well.

Hmm, I wonder if I could just get a t-mobile sim for my quad band flip(unlocked, I use it for Europe travel) just to see how it is.  I'm actually on the mountain about 1.5 miles to the East of mountain Creek so it's probably not as good.

Thanks, we try...we're a team of 10 switch engineers, 30 field techs, and I think around 15 or so RF engineers for NJ, part of PA, NY, and CT...this industry changes so fast its crazy, last year this time we had almost no LTE in NJ, now I think we're somewhere around 88% of the NJ market has LTE with the rest to built out this year. Do you have our CEO's email? He publicly gave it out a while ago, you can easily google to find it...If you ever feel that you're not getting what you deserve(like from cust care), email him your situation and he will absolutely return your email...it may take a little bit, but I hear he will in fact reply.

It's nice to see another TMO ee on here.

Just to touch on some of care complaints I think customers will begin to see a strong resurgence in exceptional care experiences. The strategic vision of the company is more clear, spirits are up and the employees are very motivated which I think will be reflected in better overall customer experience in every facet of the business.

To echo AJ's comments the engineering teams have been and continue to work very diligently to improve the network. The new 700mhz spectrum should also help many of you in the suburban and rural areas as the network is retooled and built out.

Hmm, I wonder if I could just get a t-mobile sim for my quad band flip(unlocked, I use it for Europe travel) just to see how it is.  I'm actually on the mountain about 1.5 miles to the East of mountain Creek so it's probably not as good.

Check your PM, I can check the coverage for your immediate area.

I knew I would get a response from you...if it's the only carrier inside The Rock, then why does it suck so bad. It's literally as soon as I walk through the doors, I have good service and shitty download speed. So bad I don't even look at my phone! The horror!

It's the number of phones on the cell. We have the same issue at Rutgers. We have a buttload of antennas on campus mounted on buildings everywhere. When the students are on break I get INSANE LTE speeds. When they come back, it is not unusual to see 350kb/s down form over 20Mb/s. But man.. 24-7-365, I have 5 bars of lies on the phone because you are rarely outside of line of sight of an antenna. 

we go from a population of about 11k to about 50k when they come back. 

It's the number of phones on the cell. We have the same issue at Rutgers. We have a buttload of antennas on campus mounted on buildings everywhere. When the students are on break I get INSANE LTE speeds. When they come back, it is not unusual to see 350kb/s down form over 20Mb/s. But man.. 24-7-365, I have 5 bars of lies on the phone because you are rarely outside of line of sight of an antenna.

we go from a population of about $11k to about 50k when they come back.

See, this is what I originally thought it to be. I tried an extensive scientific experiment to test this theory. What I did was show up early to a game when everyone has yet to arrive. Service still extremely slow. However, my wife has a brand new moto droid ultra I believe, and next to my gs3, it will function a little better. Same amount of service shows up, but mine sucks big donkey dick. I wonder if it's a frequency thing

See, this is what I originally thought it to be. I tried an extensive scientific experiment to test this theory. What I did was show up early to a game when everyone has yet to arrive. Service still extremely slow. However, my wife has a brand new moto droid ultra I believe, and next to my gs3, it will function a little better. Same amount of service shows up, but mine sucks big donkey dick. I wonder if it's a frequency thing

If it shares capacity with outside antennas that service the immediate area, showing up early might just trade the arena crowd for commuters. It might also be an installation that needs active repeaters and they just installed leaky co-ax.

If it shares capacity with outside antennas that service the immediate area, showing up early might just trade the arena crowd for commuters. It might also be an installation that needs active repeaters and they just installed leaky co-ax.

Essentially, it will suck no matter what? Lol