younggun93

M&p15 sport gas block problem

i got a brand new m&p15 sport about a week ago and had the opportunity to shoot it today

after about 3-5 rounds, the bolt stopped cycling. I was shooting independence 55 grain 5.56, after the first failure to cycle i changed to m855 and  a pmag but no dice

i noticed that the hand guard was a little loose, then noticed that part of the gas tube was exposed (much more than normal)

in the pictures you can see the wear marks on the barrel where the fsb moved 

i already sent an email to s&w about it 

UPDATE:

I received the rifle about a week ago and put about 200 rounds through it this past weekend with no issues at all 

next order of business is to put a new stock on this thing :D

post-4632-0-49891900-1389841919_thumb.jpg

post-4632-0-40811800-1389841942_thumb.jpg

do you guys think i need to send in the entire rifle, or can i just send the upper?

Logic would suggest sending just the upper would be easier and cheaper.  Company policy, however, may say since it left as a rifle, it has to be serviced as a rifle.  S&W will let you know what needs to be done.

I've had mine for sometime now and it's been flawless. Looks like someone at the factory screwed up big time.

can you post a picture of your fsb so i have something to compare it to? im gonna send pictures to specifically illustrate their screw up 

can you post a picture of your fsb so i have something to compare it to? im gonna send pictures to specifically illustrate their screw up 

I'd say just a description is fine....anyone who knows anything about AR-15's is going to take one look at that and know right away the issue.

i got an email from them yesterday, theyre sending prepaid and pre-insured postage to send in the rifle for inspection, i would be THAT guy that gets the dud lol

Make sure they pay for the TRANSFER and NICS at the FFL when they send it back to you (if required) There is no reason why you should have to pay and additional $45+/- for something that left the factory wrong in the first place.

or at the very least have them send you 2 free mags to recover the costs for the transfer and nics and time lost without your rifle.