ryan_j

Buying an AR, risky?

Not apples and oranges. Don't downplay my rights because you CHOOSE your profession.

Who is the one acting tough here? I asked you a yes or no question and you avoided it. It was an honest question. I know its not easy easy being an ffl, never professed otherwise. I appreciate that you all give us an outlet to enjoy our hobby. But don't tell me I'm less important because I didn't pursue this particular field of employment.

I understand fully why an ffl would comply, but I fully support the gentleman that decides not to patronize an establishment who chooses to effectively register weapons I own.

+1

It still strikes me as amazing at how naive some of you all are...

EVERY WEAPON YOU OWN IS ALREADY REGISTERED.....

holy hell wake the eff up......

It has nothing to do with what the govt knows. It has to do with the preaching of ffl's on here to stand up and hold the local or state govt accountable to the laws set forth, then hold a separate book filled with our purchases that BY LAW do not need to be kept. Strikes me as a bit hypocritical.

You obviously can't see the forest through the trees here. Do what you want, its your business, but don't poo poo on consumers for making decisions on what they feel is right.

Yeah you argue with the inspecting officer who has the power to pull/not renew your state license.....

:facepalm:

Do you people even read what you type?

I think he said he cares about his rights and his privacy. I didn't see where he said he sympathizes with you for pulling shit behind his back, without disclosure, so you can stay in business. Those would be two very distinct and conflicting interests.

All I'm asking is for a written letter from the State requiring what you are describing. OTHER vendors do not seem to have this requirement or believe it exists.   Simply put, we would like to know where the hell this came from, but you are snapping at everyone asking questions about a requirement you presented that no one ever heard about before.

Now, you can snap at people if you want, but I know damn well I wouldn't buy an AR from you right now, not because I think you are being evil but because until in understand the policy there is  giant frackup factor here. If the NJSP officer who told you to do this was wrong or malicious that means lots of customers might end up investigated for being in the "awb book" when they shouldn't be in that book. Imagine that a different officer inspects you next time, and says WTF, you sold HOW many AWB rifles? Well I need to check on these people of see if they have proper AWB police credentials to own these guns they are not supposed to own! Now you just screwed a metric frack ton of people into paperwork hell at best, or no-knock raids at worst. We know all the guns are registered, the questions is in which pile.

So how about you stop being defensive and help us figure out what the hell is going on, because I have no doubt you are not lying about your experience with the NJSP, but that doesn't make the end result not screwed up. I know for a fact that OTHER vendors don't seem to use the AWB book for the purpose you are describing.

Dude, I'm not an FFL. I'm not going to get coherence answers to FFL questions, assuming they are even willing to talk to me about it.

Lets for a second assume the officer was wrong. YOU are screwed too. If the next officer that inspects you asks WTF are you doing writing things in the wrong book, without a letter or something you can point to your livelihood is also screwed.  What if what you are doing is wrong and the next inspection officer asks you provide all the letterhead for all the "AWB"'s you sold? What do you do then?

You may not intentionally screw people over, but you might be doing by mistake.  If thats not the case, then a hell of a lot of other dealers are screwing people over, again by mistake. I'd think this being your livelihood you might want to have some clarification.

Apples and oranges your livelihood does not rest on your fid....

When you get your ffl and state license lets see how tough you are....

Yeah you argue with the inspecting officer who has the power to pull/not renew your state license.....

Also this is not my livelihood...and i don't give a fugg...  :)

Ok, but make up your mind. I think I'll have to ask other FFLs I know to clarify this as clearly you don't want to. No big deal, but do you think this will encourage people to buy from your discourage them?

Oh well.

the problem with all this bickering is that even the FFLs using one book, the info is still there.  its just going to take a day or two longer for them to find you.  

I'm not worried about that. The issue is more about a wrong entry in a book it shouldn't be in raising unnecessary red flags during an audit. Do you want an overzealous functionary to decide that everyone in that book now owns an unregistered AWB weapon?

Nick, to be clear, I never suspected you to be underhanded or malicious. My issue was the fact you called out other members for "you people not reading what you post". Specifically a member who would choose not to do business with a dealer that would go above and beyond what is required by law. My question to you was to point out the hypocrisy and condescendence I perceive in how you responded.

Like I said, I don't care how you run your business, I have no vested interests in it. If you don't give a fuck neither do I.