siderman

FFLs- are compliant guns going into AW book?

Forget the boycot nonsense.This goes well above the FFLs and as if they had any fair leverage to do anything anyway. This is scary that someone  high in the ranks initiated this. Why would they need to compile a specific list for what they call black rifles? And- what excactly falls under the heading of them. Is this another strongly suggested protocal from the AG? The NJSP superviser? Democratic party leader? Is it actually a seperate and new book or to be listed in the AW book?  And BTW there does look to be some basis to this , one says it does exist another says there is talk of it. For all we know there can be a bunch of FFLs already doing this, how would we know? Understandably i can see some dealers not wanting to discuss it, letsw not turn this on them a maybe they will enlighten us. Thanx to the few FFLs who did respond so far. I wonder how much air time this would get if it was one of the zillion new gun laws being regurgitated...

I think it's unfair for those talking about boycotting to consider such an action against an FFL if they have been told by the NJSP that they need to keep a separate bound book for a certain class of firearm.  Keep in mind that NJSP has the power to shut FFLs down.  That's a person's livelihood at stake.  If the FFL has employees, those are paychecks at stake and additional homes depending on that FFL to put food on the table.  The FFL isn't the bad guy here if all they're doing is complying with NJSP's mandate of keeping a separate bound book.  Should it be obtained in writing?  Absolutely.  But to boycott an FFL who has received verbal direction from the governing body seems a bit unfair and extreme.  I understand that it's a slippery slope and an unnerving precedent if true however FFLs don't make the rules but we do have to follow them or risk our livelihood and possibly freedom.

If there is no law and just a form of intimidation, should it be followed?  And that that taking food out of the mouths of employee's families is PURE BS.   You should join BHO! "It's for the children" Get real!  Sure feed the kids and set up a society where they have no firearms.

Where have the principles of our fathers and grandfathers, "The Greatest Generation", gone?

If there is no law and just a form of intimidation, should it be followed?  And that that taking food out of the mouths of employee's families is PURE BS.   You should join BHO! "It's for the children" Get real!  Sure feed the kids and set up a society where they have no firearms.

Where have the principles of our fathers and grandfathers, "The Greatest Generation", gone?

That's an incredibly easy position for you to take when it isn't your paycheck and future on the line, isn't it?

That's an incredibly easy position for you to take when it isn't your paycheck and future on the line, isn't it?

nothing for nothing... I appreciate that your a vendor and I hear you have great mags and fair pricing but it's an easy position for you to say don't boycott an ffl in NJ. Two reasons. 1- maybe that ffl buys from you so you would lose business also and 2- you don't have to put your rifles in a aw book from the comfort of Missouri??

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I spoke to an FFL today and asked about this topic and without me finishing the sentence he stated "yeah we keep a 3rd book" for non compliant guns that come in. I nearly fell over. But he said it was for only the non compliant guns that go to the store.  What was kind of sketchy was I wanted to get an out of state gun shipped there and made compliant. I asked if that would get logged in. There was a long pause there, and then he said  it wont get logged because of the work, (pinning stock and flash hider removal) that I know will make it compliant, but he had to think about that.

What I would like to know is if in the free states where most things are legal if such a third book is also kept, then that would be something to really think about.

I spoke to an FFL today and asked about this topic and without me finishing the sentence he stated "yeah we keep a 3rd book" for non compliant guns that come in. I nearly fell over. But he said it was for only the non compliant guns that go to the store.  What was kind of sketchy was I wanted to get an out of state gun shipped there and made compliant. I asked if that would get logged in. There was a long pause there, and then he said  it wont get logged because of the work, (pinning stock and flash hider removal) that I know will make it compliant, but he had to think about that.

What I would like to know is if in the free states where most things are legal if such a third book is also kept, then that would be something to really think about.

Please clarify...Now I hear (3) three books?

Yes the ATF Transaction book is one.

What are the other two?

A dealer can have many books. Title 1, Title 2, Gunsmirhing, Manufacturing, etc. The Admin Code directs the dealer to have a book for NJAWs/NFAa.

ETA: HG, HP Ammo Book

Sent from an undisclosed location.

As stated. I will not log compliant guns into the AW book. That is idiotic. Besides, one must report all potential transfers from that book directly to the NJSP prior to transfer.

Sent from an undisclosed location.

Makes perfect sense to me.

Where I come from a gun is a gun regardless of if it's compliant or not, class 3 items ( suppressors ) and such get they're own book to keep it tidy . Ammo has it's own book , and a repair book for repairs. There's no aw book I've ever heard of for something non compliant

nothing for nothing... I appreciate that your a vendor and I hear you have great mags and fair pricing but it's an easy position for you to say don't boycott an ffl in NJ. Two reasons. 1- maybe that ffl buys from you so you would lose business also and 2- you don't have to put your rifles in a aw book from the comfort of Missouri??

Nope, I have no skin in the game.  I'm a realist though.  The ATF has given me arbitrary direction in the past and like NJ FFLs, I answer to them so I can relate to what a NJ FFL is dealing with when the NJSP gives them arbitrary direction.  Do you follow it to ensure you will continue to keep your doors open or do you defy it and push the envelope, risking the wrath of the governing body who can arbitrarily shut you down?  I can appreciate people coming from the perspective of it should be fought on principle but you have to remember that even if the FFL is in the right, they're risking lost income, loss of license, time in court, and possibly time in prison.  

Nope, I have no skin in the game. I'm a realist though. The ATF has given me arbitrary direction in the past and like NJ FFLs, I answer to them so I can relate to what a NJ FFL is dealing with when the NJSP gives them arbitrary direction. Do you follow it to ensure you will continue to keep your doors open or do you defy it and push the envelope, risking the wrath of the governing body who can arbitrarily shut you down? I can appreciate people coming from the perspective of it should be fought on principle but you have to remember that even if the FFL is in the right, they're risking lost income, loss of license, time in court, and possibly time in prison.

how can they just shut down a shop for questioning a policy. These laws were put in place. Kind of sounds like Cartman from south park.... sysery4e.jpg

how can they just shut down a shop for questioning a policy. These laws were put in place. Kind of sounds like Cartman from south park.... sysery4e.jpgSent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

From my understanding njsp has the authority to shut down an ffl for non compliance. Not sure if its.just laws.or directives.or what. Either way would be nice for an ffl doing this.to get written directive. But as others said dont boycott them, we will end up with fewer ffls than we have now. So how will that help us.