18Steel

AR500 Targets

March of last year I bought from Matt Shaver (Steel Horse Customs), who turned out to be a great guy to deal with.   Shipping from his location was reasonable.   

I bought an AR 500 armored dueling tree (6" AR 500 plates with up-armored post, plus a set of  4" mild steel plates for .22LR) along with 3 AR 500 gongs of various shapes and sizes.  The dueling tree was very well made.  The gongs are great fun to shoot and also cut nice and clean.  There is a video of his dueling tree on his website below.  He has changed the base a bit to make it even more stable.  If I can figure out how to post a picture of mine, I will.

http://www.steelhorsecustoms.com/Steel_Horse_Customs/Welcome.html

You can contact Matt at 971-832-0156, or send him an email [email protected]

Good luck with your purchase.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the info and input on the targets.  I would have loved to support a local member, but through some other recommendations I wound up buying the targets from GA Steel in Texas.  They have a pretty good selection and are in the process of updating their website to further showcase their products.  I got a 6, 8, 10, 12 and 2/3 silhouette for 195 shipped.  All 1/2 Ar500 steel.