Sign in to follow this  
Foyt20

Fla/utah combined ccw class?

Can anyone suggest a utah/Florida combined ccw class in nj in March? Traveling to Florida in June, and want to pick up both so I am covered for most of the ride and while I am there.

Can't find the next gappnj class date, don't know who else does both.

Oh, and I have my hunters ed class cards if that is accepted as firearm handling course.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Hi Foyt20,
It looks like the Quinton Sportsmens Club is having this class on the 15th. I look it several years ago and it was a very good class. I would email them to see if you can sign for the class ASAP. However, the card itself can take a little while to receive from Utah. I believe the laws have also changed for Florida and Virginia where they no longer accept the Utah license but once you take the class they will provide you with the Florida and Virginia paperwork to send in. I hope this helps!

www.quintonsportsmensclub.com - Check under the Calendar link and Contact Us links. Thanks

www.shootersontarget.com - Please go here to register for the class.

I know this is a RTFM situation, but can someone save me the trouble of making a spreadsheet and let me know what the non-overlap between the two is? I'll be taking my Utah course next week and would like to know if it's worth adding Fla.

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

Banger's in Winslow (Camden County) offers a complete Utah class (prints, pic, application) on the first Saturday go each month (check their website for details). I took the class with a friend, we got our cards in 7 weeks.

They offer the documentation for 3 other states (additional fee), I know Flordia is one of them. You will need to jump through a few additional hoops for the additional states - I think you need an additional 8 hour NRA safety class, and you have to send in the application with fee yourself for any one or all 3 of the additional states.

You should check the website or call Banger's for details.

Florida requires actual firing of your weapon. You can provide an NRA basic pistol course certificate and they will accept that. Bangers only provides classroom time, no actual shooting time. Bangers class is good, got my Utah there, but you will need more if you want Florida.

Florida requires actual firing of your weapon. You can provide an NRA basic pistol course certificate and they will accept that. Bangers only provides classroom time, no actual shooting time. Bangers class is good, got my Utah there, but you will need more if you want Florida.

Yah, FL requires live fire. 

Now if only they would make it easier to get a TX non-resident. 

Hi Foyt20,

It looks like the Quinton Sportsmens Club is having this class on the 15th. I look it several years ago and it was a very good class. I would email them to see if you can sign for the class ASAP. However, the card itself can take a little while to receive from Utah. I believe the laws have also changed for Florida and Virginia where they no longer accept the Utah license but once you take the class they will provide you with the Florida and Virginia paperwork to send in. I hope this helps!

www.quintonsportsmensclub.com - Check under the Calendar link and Contact Us links. Thanks

www.shootersontarget.com - Please go here to register for the class.

I just signed up for this class.  We'll see how it goes. :)