CMJeepster

"MAP: Where do N.J. criminals get their guns? Mostly, not here."

I stumbled upon this article and found it interesting that authorities have been able to trace only 1/3 of the "crime guns."  There's also an interactive map to show you what state contribute what amount of "crime guns" to NJ:  http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2014/01/map_where_do_nj_criminals_get_their_guns_mostly_not_here.html

Shocker:  "The majority of weapons recovered came from New Jersey's cities: Newark, Camden, Jersey City, Paterson, Trenton, Atlantic City, Elizabeth, Vineland, Irvington and East Orange comprised the top 10 and accounting for 1,959 guns."  Let's make these areas "gun free zones" and them problem will go away, right?

Double shocker:  "...criminals in states where gun purchases are heavily regulated get most of their firearms from elsewhere."  N/S.  If criminals want guns, they're going to get them.  Laws don't mean anything to them.

Wait a minute, are you saying it is possible for a bad guy to go a few miles to PA and legally buy 30 round magazines?  But NJ only allows 15 rounds, and wants to drop that to 10.  If the idiot Dems in the swamp of the Trenton Statehouse have their way instead of the criminals having a 2:1 (30 vs 15 round) advantage they will have a 3:1 (30 vs 10 round) advantage over honest citizens.  I knew Steven Sweeney really hated honest citizens, I just did not realize by how much.

Wait a minute, are you saying it is possible for a bad guy to go a few miles to PA and legally buy 30 round magazines?  But NJ only allows 15 rounds, and wants to drop that to 10.  If the idiot Dems in the swamp of the Trenton Statehouse have their way instead of the criminals having a 2:1 (30 vs 15 round) advantage they will have a 3:1 (30 vs 10 round) advantage over honest citizens.  I knew Steven Sweeney really hated honest citizens, I just did not realize by how much.

These types of bans will never work for the same reason that prohibition didn't work and will have the same consequences, that is, making criminals out of ordinary citizens and making criminals rich. 

Those that want illegal items, whether it is guns, drugs, alcohol or anything else for that matter, will always be able to get them and will make help fund some illegal organization along the way. Which just increases organized crime and makes mattere worse.

Frank Fiamingo, president of the New Jersey Second Amendment Society. "They'll get them, whether they buy them legally or illegally. Now they can print the damn things.

Errrr, maybe he should clear his comments prior to release? 

There is conflicting data on how big a role organized trafficking plays in putting guns in the hands of criminals, versus other sources, like theft. It's also difficult to get a bigger picture from ATF data in part because federal law restricts what information it can maintain and further restricts what it can release to the public.

The ATF declined requests to provide a more detailed geographic breakdown of the recovery and source sites of crime guns in its 2013 report.

So they have 2 cases of straw purchases. 

While they know that the guns are coming from out of state, they dont know how the guns are actually acquired...

The problem is this feeds the National Push for these kinds of bans. Don't fall into that trap.

Them: "we want to ban xxxx"

Us: "why? It will do no good, criminals will just get them from PA"

Media: "majority of gun owners favor national ban on xxxx"

The problem is this feeds the National Push for these kinds of bans. Don't fall into that trap.

Them: "we want to ban xxxx"

Us: "why? It will do no good, criminals will just get them from PA"

Media: "majority of gun owners favor national ban on xxxx"

Good to see that someone gets it

"Where" the crime guns come from is a red herring. It's a ploy used by Bloomberg and other phonies to export their states' stupid laws to other states. A TV show I watched last year while on a trip to Vermont reported that drug dealers in Massachusetts provide Vermonters with crack and meth in return for straw-purchased guns. I'm fairly certain the same goes on between NJ dealers and PA junkies.

Yes, this is a huge problem, but it has little to do with guns. If I recall correctly Vermont had all of nine murders in 2010, only two of which involved firearms. 

The problem is the emergence of a growing, permanent, non-working underclass which is prone to addiction. Towns and cities that once had vibrant industries now find that within one or two generations productive, law-abiding citizens have been replaced by addicts. Whites are now experiencing, the hard way, what Blacks have known for decades.

If not for the trade in illegal drugs, the turf wars and distribution channels ("gangs") it generates, our gun crime rate would be the same as Europe's.