Melgamatic

How I end "Everytown" discussions on FB

I am active on FB.  That's where I talk with all my friends.  I know some of you hate FB, if so, just ignore the rest.  Also, if you can't stand the NRA don't bother reading, either...

Every once in a while one of my friends will post something anti-NRA, or these days pro-Everytown.  Usually their posts are full of incorrect statements, but I've found that pointing out their errors doesn't work.

So, I just post a short comment that they are incorrect, they should look up the facts themselves, and that every time one of my FB friends bashes the NRA I donate $100 to them (and $25 for followup comments).  I then donate $100, and attach a screenshot of the donation (with the timestamp) to my comment.  (You could do it with lower amounts, and I should probably lower my numbers).

It blows their mind, and the usual response is to delete their FB post.

It's fun, remove a lot of incorrect facts from the FB dialog, and make them realize the NRA isn't just a trade group propped up by the "gun lobby."

If my friends kept making snti gun sentiments we would no longer be friends...I try and surround myself with people who have similar interests. If its family then I barrage them with pro gun stuff and they shutup

Agreed.  I usually either unfriend or ignore "friends" on FB who post crap like that more than once or twice.  

However, a lot of rational people are going to be sucked in by the "Everytown" concept and their propaganda.