younggun93

sports authority stopped selling guns/ammo in North Jersey?

a few weeks ago I was back home in Bergen county and i drove past sports authority in Paramus. While browsing I wanted to checkout what kind of ammo they had (its usually over priced shit, but its convenient) Their "outdoor" section was gutted and covered in tarps, after asking an employee, they said all sports authorities in the area stopped selling guns and ammunition

great......one less place i can buy stuff from  -_____- 

a few weeks ago I was back home in Bergen county and i drove past sports authority in Paramus. While browsing I wanted to checkout what kind of ammo they had (its usually over priced shit, but its convenient) Their "outdoor" section was gutted and covered in tarps, after asking an employee, they said all sports authorities in the area stopped selling guns and ammunition

great......one less place i can buy stuff from  -_____- 

To my knowledge, they never sold guns/ammo in the Rockaway Mall Store.  I didn't even know they sold them at all.

SA in Long Branch stopped selling guns and ammo several years ago.  I went there last year looking for a fly rod and found that nearly the entire outdoors department was gone.   They had a small camping section, that's about it.  They still sold hunting and fishing licenses though, odd.

SA in Long Branch stopped selling guns and ammo several years ago.  I went there last year looking for a fly rod and found that nearly the entire outdoors department was gone.   They had a small camping section, that's about it.  They still sold hunting and fishing licenses though, odd.

Just curious... Are the Paramus and Long Branch stores "self-contained" (i.e. not with direct access to/from the "indoor mall" areas and other customers)?  I was thinking, perhaps, that SA wouldn't sell guns/ammo at all in stores that are not self-contained. For example, the Dick's in Rockaway is self-contained, and, although in the general area of Rockaway Town Square Mall, is not part of the Mall itself. There are several stores on the same land parcel (and sharing the same parking lot),  but they are all self-contained and not accessible to each other. The  Rockaway SA is wholly  contained inside the Mall and only accessible from inside the Mall.  I don't understand how that might make anyone any "safer," but that might be their thinking. :dontknow:

Yeah found out about that last week as well. I like going there for little stuff while wife was at Joanna Fabrics.  And just for reference this one is the one by by Paramus Park Mall. There is another SA on 4 by IKEA they never had a fire arms section. And both stores in Paramus are stand alone.

Paramus had  a limited supply a few months ago but pretty much a small dedicated hunting inventory. They would also routinely temp remove the firearms section to host autograph/celebrity endorsements- wasnt much to move even in their best of times. Made Dicks look good in comparison