9X19

The AR purge

Everywhere I go, every forum I visit it seems like everyone is selling their AR's. Every shop I go to the racks are full with all kinds of AR's.... new and used.

It also looks like people are trying to get what they paid out post Sandy Hook. What I don't understand is why the sell off? Why not keep them?

People went out of their way to find and buy them, or scrape up the parts to get their builds done before the suspected hammer fell.  Did people want them just because they might not be able to get them easily in the future. Glad to see ammo levels getting better..that is except for .22LR.

Well let's see.  They are not banned (yet).  Don't look like they will be banned (yet).  I don't shoot it 'cause I can't afford the ammo.  I have to pay for it, and I could use the cash cause wifey wants to go on a vacation to the islands, or redo the kitchen, your choice!

What do you mean it's only worth $700, I paid over $2,000 for it, haven't used it, and had to wait forever to get it.

Welcome to capitalism. The law of supply and demand.  Prices will continue to drop baring any stupidity.  Even ammo is now dropping in price.  Biggest decision is when is it going to hit bottom so I can scoop it up at bargain prices.  Cause it will go up again.

Personally, id stay far far away from them. A lot of these rifles were slapped together with sub par parts just because they were available. Add that to the fact that they are usually priced sky high and I'm out. 

It seems that post sandy hook everyone and their brother decided they needed one yesterday. Now people are starting to understand the reality that their indoor range wont let them shoot it without special ammo, or they want to move a safe queen that have never seen the light of day. 

In 3 or 4 years we will see the same influx of panic buyers who haven't learned from Obama election scare 1, Obama election scare 2, or sandy hook.

Personally, id stay far far away from them. A lot of these rifles were slapped together with sub par parts just because they were available. Add that to the fact that they are usually priced sky high and I'm out.

It seems that post sandy hook everyone and their brother decided they needed one yesterday. Now people are starting to understand the reality that their indoor range wont let them shoot it without special ammo, or they want to move a safe queen that have never seen the light of day.

In 3 or 4 years we will see the same influx of panic buyers who haven't learned from Obama election scare 1, Obama election scare 2, or sandy hook.

exactly this...I still wouldn't hesitate to either build or buy one brand new. If you don't already have one, definitely get one. Lots of fun.

I think the other possibility is that lots of people either bought their first basic AR and decided to upgrade so their are selling their first, or they bought a second gun that they decided they can part with.

But .. I'm not seeing that many guns for sales. If you look at how many were sold over the last couple of years, I'll bet you the percentage of guns being sold is miniscule.

I'm not buying or selling. But I did miss the Father's Day Sale to pick up more stripped receivers at $39 a pop. I don't know how many ARs/receviers I have but at that price it can't hurt.

Anybody that regrets not buying enough stuff during the surplus days knows to always buy at least a little of anything cheap.