AlDente67

Grout cleaning for floor tiles?

I have a hallway and a couple of bathrooms that have light color tile and white grout - about the 1/4 spacing variety, with sand grout.  What method works best to restore it all to a clean white, short of scraping out the old and laying new?

I bought a bottle of some cleaner from the Depot, but it doesn't really seem to have any effect on the grime.

Pure bleach maybe? I know when i see a little mildew in the shower grout i hit it with a spray bottle of ZEP which is bascially just pure bleach. Be warned though, since its bleach, it smells strongly of it too. Perhaps just do a little at a time.

http://www.zepcommercial.com/product/Mold-Mildew-Stain-Remover

When I do the bathroom I spray with bleach, drink a beer then clean. I use a buffing ball ($20 in walmarts automotive dept) attached to a drill. I recommend not wearing good clothes as bleach tends to spray a little. The high speed rotation of the drill help really clean up the grout.

We used Laticrete Spectra-Lok Pro grout (water-based epoxy) which is virtually unstainable.   Only useful if you decide to re-grout, sorry.

Good to know for future projects.  Where do you get that?

For now, I'll try the Vinegar/baking soda recipe.  Thanks guys!