Sign in to follow this  
njpilot

Obamacare and Firearms

Well, looks like the use of the mandated electronic medical records will be used to disarm Americans. If they take away a man's firearms for insomnia, there's probably nothing they wouldn't try and take them for.

http://patriotoutdoornews.com/12585/guns-confiscated-man-seeks-insomnia-treatment

Guns Confiscated after Man Seeks Insomnia Treatment

Residents of other states should be wary that progressives will make similar efforts to use the federally mandated electronic medical database required by Obamacare against gun owners and/or political dissidents in the future.

Although the Cold War ended over two decades ago, a lawsuit filed December 17 in U.S. District Court in Rochester, NY alleges that such heavy-handed police-state tactics are presently being employed in Andrew Cuomo’s New York. The suit, filed by attorney Paloma Capanna on behalf of plaintiff Donald Montgomery, alleges that the New York State Police ordered the permanent confiscation of Mr. Montgomery’s registered handguns after he sought treatment for insomnia. The confiscation was ordered under Cuomo’s “SAFE Act” gun-control law.

The allegations in the case are downright scary. The complaint contends that Montgomery, a Navy veteran and retired police officer who rose to the rank of detective sergeant during his 30-year career, voluntarily sought treatment for insomnia at a hospital on Long Island in May of 2014 after relocating to a new home several hundred miles from his previous residence.

According to the suit, the hospital diagnosed the plaintiff as “mildly depressed,” and his clinical evaluation stated, “Patient has no thoughts of hurting himself. Patient has no thoughts of hurting others. Patient is not having suicidal thoughts. Patient is not having homicidal thoughts…” and “there is no evidence of any psychotic processes, mania, or OCD symptoms. Insight, judgment, and impulse control are good.” The suit further alleges that a psychiatrist told the plaintiff, “I don’t know why you were referred here. You don’t belong here.”

Nonetheless, the suit contends that five days after being discharged from the hospital, the local sheriff’s department showed up at Montgomery’s door and seized his four registered handguns, including his former duty sidearm, after the sheriff had been subjected to “repeated pressure” by the New York State Police, who claimed that Montgomery had been declared mentally defective and had been involuntarily committed to a mental institution.

Full story here:

Wow......thats crazy. How in the hell is that even possible if we live in America?

Mr. Montgomery doesn't live in America.  He lives in NY.

Hope he's awarded court costs after what will probably be a long and expensive fight to get his firearms back. 

A mentally depressed holding public office and making laws is far more dangerous than any firearm. So I propose that all politicians be put through national mental health check first. And anyone later found to be "depressed" or mentally ill be stripped off their elected office immediately.

I know, not happening.

Mr. Montgomery doesn't live in America.  He lives in NY.

Hope he's awarded court costs after what will probably be a long and expensive fight to get his firearms back. 

I hope he gets more than "court costs". I hope he gets millions for the violations of his civil rights. then he can move to free America.

See, I dont buy this "we didnt know what was in the ACA" BS from many politicians. Obamacare is another missing piece of the the Control game. Both sides of the aisle love this stuff paired with Patriot Act.  Whats not to love about these things as long as you are above rest of the sheep.

I looked into downloading the My Cigna app on my smart phone this morning and was very surprised to see that in order to install it I would have to give it access to my files and photos. Why on earth would an app for a health insurance company need access to that info.

I did not install that POS.