Sign in to follow this  
Malsua

Meteor / Fireball

what dash cam you running? mine can't zoom like that.......

I zoomed it in Adobe Premiere Pro CC2014.

It's a DOD LS330W.   I recently upgraded to the 330 to get better night vision than my G1W.  I ran the G1W for about a year and a half but wanted better night performance.

I zoomed it in Adobe Premiere Pro CC2014.

It's a DOD LS330W.   I recently upgraded to the 330 to get better night vision than my G1W.  I ran the G1W for about a year and a half but wanted better night performance.

how do you like it? how's it record? in segments, or constant? does it automatically loop over old stuff when it runs outta room?

how do you like it? how's it record? in segments, or constant? does it automatically loop over old stuff when it runs outta room?

3, 5 10 minute segments, I've got it on 3.  It recycles when the card is full.   It's quite a bit sharper than the G1W, which on dark videos makes it very granular, but I'm very happy with it.  Day video is absolutely perfect and night video is better than the G1W.  No Dashcam does night very well, but this is considered one of, if not the best night dash cam.  I hung both my cams in the window and compared the two and this one is way better at night and just a bit sharper in the day.  I suppose if you had IR illuminators and an IR cam you could do better at night, but in a unit you can just put in your car window, it doesn't get much better.

I specifically didn't want GPS although you get can a puck to use GPS with this one.  I don't care to record speed and have it used against me. "You were doing 4mph over the speed limit, so you did indeed contribute to this accident?".  etc.

Don't fall prey to any with IR. Anything with it and behind a weatherproof housing, glass like a windshield, etc., will just reflect back and give you a hazy reflection and ruin the picture.. Why they make any camera with IR on the inside befuddles me. IR needs to be outside and not restricted. Period.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't fall prey to any with IR. Anything with it and behind a weatherproof housing, glass like a windshield, etc., will just reflect back and give you a hazy reflection and ruin the picture.. Why they make any camera with IR on the inside befuddles me. IR needs to be outside and not restricted. Period.

I mean an IR illuminator mounted on the front of the vehicle...not that cheeseball stuff on the dash cam.

Ahhhh, gotchya...:) not sure that's even worth it. The range is not generally that good. Your headlights and other light would prob outshine it.

Ahhhh, gotchya... :) not sure that's even worth it. The range is not generally that good. Your headlights and other light would prob outshine it. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a couple illuminators on my house for my security cams and they really light it up, 200IR LEDs.  I bet any helicopter doing an overfly with FLIR running does a double take when they see my property :)

No doubt. For that, it's great. But for vehicles and other ambient light on a highway and stuff, not so much. I got to get me an illuminator for outside the house one of these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That wasn't a fireball. It was your dashcam recording slow and playing fast.

I assure you, other than zooming in and moving the position, it is not altered.  Look at the road sign or cars...does that look like its sped up?   I was thinking about adding in the unedited part just for the sake of it.

As for flying fat pussy...well, that's not something you see every day either unless you fly Continental.

That wasn't a fireball. It was your dashcam recording slow and playing fast.

Or it might have been this streaking across the sky:

vfeck8.jpg

i thought tony left that in the atlantic.