peppers

medal display

since my uncles health has been taking a toll on him he sent all his stuff from when he was in the army to me so nothing happened to it. i would like to get something don't to display his medals, dog tags, and patches. anyone local do that or know good sites to get things like that?

Peppers kudos for doing this for your uncle, as HE indicated the company he sent you the info on makes real nice display frames in various sizes to accomadate most requirements along with everything you need to mount the various items. They will be pretty cost affective verses going to a framing service locally. On a related subject if your uncle would not mind you can go on line to the VA web site and request copies of his records,awards and they will even replace any medals that he is entitled to. What is great is that you can then mount an envelope on the back of the display place everything in the envelope and years from now the records(DD 214 and other documents) will give a detailed history of your uncles time in service. Another nice addition is if you can obtain a photo of him in uniform which adds to the info and will be great for your future generations.

The shadow box works well. It's what I used for mine. It can hold ribbons, medals and other small items like dog tags.... If you just have them loose, see if he can help you order them on their bars. Also tell him thanks for his service and wish him well for us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The shadow box works well. It's what I used for mine. It can hold ribbons, medals and other small items like dog tags.... If you just have them loose, see if he can help you order them on their bars. Also tell him thanks for his service and wish him well for us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shadow box definitely works well!!

Many years ago, I had my .mil career awards put in a shadow box. It's at my dad's place in Tx. One of these days, I'll bring it back here, but for now, it resides in his office.

My lovely wife just ran across my old Cub Scout uniform and had it made into a shadow box for me. Touched me deeply. I believe she went to AC Moore and had it done. It's lovely!

You are doing a wonderful thing for him. Thank him for his service for me, please sir.