tuktuk

Boots opinions and suggestions wanted :)

So my faithful no name winter boots that I had for over 10years finally gave up on me today.

Can u gens suggest couple of winter/fall boots that I should look at ? don't care about the brand really but do care about the price ( I know, I know :) I get what I paid for but still )

Thank you

Sorel Caribou there's no substitute. I've been wearing the same pair for 20 years. For $110 divided by 20 year's I would say they're worth the money, for warm dry feet in snow. I used to plow and shovel snow for a living mine have many miles on them.

bad33aec168eae29eb9c14261f47580f.jpg

Muck Boots are indestructible and will keep your feet warm if you are marching through liquid pools of hazardous waste and used hypodermic needles at 30° below zero in the pouring fire and brimstone.

Not really an eye catcher at the Ho-down, though.

They do have one that matches a Galco PHX 105 K Frame holster, though.

now is the time to look for boots. I just got a pair of Rocky Bearclaws  for $105.  They are $200+ boot. Got them at ramsey. i have had my original pair

for about 9 years and they are still going. 1400 grams thinsulate and goretex. Cabelas has some nice boots to that wont break the bank

should I be careful with the sizes of the listed ?

for example >>> my prev boots were size 11 and good on me with thick socks althou my shoe size is 10 1/2 ....

I go with 1/2 size larger anytime I know I'm wearing boots with heavy socks.

redwings for the win -- I wear a pair of uninsulated boots all year long -- I'm always on the move so my feet rarely get cold

I'll wear my boots for 15 hours a day everyday -- a pair last me 2 years before they start to leak

I ware Redwings every day for work, & I love them. But stand out in the snow in workboots for a while you'll wish you made another choice. This guys looking for snow boots.

im with this guy. all i wear are boots. have six pairs and 4 of them are redwings. but even when i double up on my socks my steel toes ice out my feet. other than that the most comfortable boot i have ever warn 

redwings for the win -- I wear a pair of uninsulated boots all year long -- I'm always on the move so my feet rarely get cold

I'll wear my boots for 15 hours a day everyday -- a pair last me 2 years before they start to leak

I ware the uninsulated Redwings too. I do plumbing heating and Air. Sometimes I'm standing in one place in snow up to my ankles outside in the snow working on rooftop units for a while. Or messing with an oil tank trying to thaw out the supply lines. I rarely work less than a 12 hour day in the cold weather, sometimes 15, 18, 20 straight. My feet freeze when that happens, standing on ice or snow. I don't buy the insulated ones because then my feet sweat. The safety toes are what really make them cold. If your working inside warm buildings all the time they are fine. My last pair lasted 2 years they didn't leak when I retired them either, laces broke, as soon as that happens I buy new boots that's the signal for me.

I ware the uninsulated Redwings too. I do plumbing heating and Air. Sometimes I'm standing in one place in snow up to my ankles outside in the snow working on rooftop units for a while. Or messing with an oil tank trying to thaw out the supply lines. I rarely work less than a 12 hour day in the cold weather, sometimes 15, 18, 20 straight. My feet freeze when that happens, standing on ice or snow. I don't buy the insulated ones because then my feet sweat. The safety toes are what really make them cold. If your working inside warm buildings all the time they are fine. My last pair lasted 2 years they didn't leak when I retired them either, laces broke, as soon as that happens I buy new boots that's the signal for me.

I'm an irrigation contractor but spend my winters a slave to a snow plow contract -- Luckily my winter days outdoors are shorter than yours

Believe it or not, the only time my feet get chilly is when I'm in a wheel loader plowing snow -- Just not enough movement

Once my boots leak they get changed out -- Being on wet grass most of the day I can't have leaky boots -- 2414 is the model number I wear 

My laces never break,  When I buy them 1st thing I do is change out the laces for paracord 

I had Redwings but IMO they're overpriced these days. I hated to go foreign but after some buddies told me about them I picked up a pair of Carolina workboots 2 years ago that I wear almost 24/7 and they're holding up perfectly. Snow Seal on them every couple of weeks and I've no problem in the winter or rain. If you're outside in the cold every day and not moving your feet much to get circulation going then I would recommend the Muck Boots.

I never owned Redwings but I heard they started making them in China and are not what they used to be.

They have USA made and China made. I buy mine from Sparta Cobbler, he only sells the USA made ones. There's a place in Paramus that has the USA made boots as well. I just hate driving east of Parsippany these days so I don't go down there anymore.