Kevin125

So I'm in Dick's Sports last night buying ammo....

They ripped off thousands of gun owners after Sandy Hook. People paid ~ $750 for some high quality ARs on special, in cash, in advance, and the guns were in the store ready to pick up. They refused to let the owners pick them up.

They resold the same rifles (your rifle) for $2K to other people.

Now this somehow doesn't sink in for some of you. Let's forget the part that they took away an AR you already paid for during a time when you suddenly couldn't buy an AR for any price. Apparently that doesn't offend any of you. Let's try an analogy.

Let's say you buy $750 of Apple stock. The next day it goes up to $2000 and your brokerage says, "Sorry, we took that stock back from you, it's not yours." And they sell your stock to someone else for $2000. Does that register?

Many NJ people don't care if they are seriously screwed over on firearms so I took the firearms and the worst part out and just made it plain money to see if that will stick.

I hope their ammo has AIDS.

Some of us remember. Them and lower than dirt are dead to me.

Some of us remember. Them and lower than dirt are dead to me.

That's disgusting, if I buy something and pay for it I should receive it or a refund or my choice of product of equal value.

Selling guns they others bought in advance (and paid for) is nothing short of fraud. Bunch of scumbags!

No, they stole from me...

Guess there must be more to the story, because what you have written doesn't support that.

Shipped me the first safe, it was defective and they accepted the return.

Shipped me the second safe...also defective and they refused to accept the return saying I should have known it was defective and refused freight but the freight company is not going to sit for 45 minutes while I unpack it when they have other deliveries to make.

Call Dicks corporate and told them I want to return it, no they said I'm stuck with it. Really? well they changed the story and told me I could return it but would have to front the money for freight without refund from Dicks.

Dicks got tired of me calling and said "OK, we will generate a pickup request".

Third safe comes and has scratches but otherwise is OK, so I called and let them know.

I wait and wait and wait....no refund from Dicks for the first two purchases. I call Dicks and they told me it's not arrived but I have proof it was picked up by R+L on such and such a day and time...they get shitty and refuse to call me back.

At this point AMEX steps in and tells them to issue a full refund for all three safes, I send photos of all three safes to AMEX and they agree. My AMEX concierge calls and says "don't worry, taken care of" and I received my full refund.

I never stole from Dicks, but Dicks had no problem earning interest on my money while leaving me with JUNKERS!

That's disgusting, if I buy something and pay for it I should receive it or a refund or my choice of product of equal value.

Selling guns they others bought in advance (and paid for) is nothing short of fraud. Bunch of scumbags!

They didn't do it to me. But I remember the whole incident.

Anyway when UPS freight came to pickup the two safes I know the driver and told him to make sure it never gets back to them...to this day (2 years later) they never got them back...they were lost in freight  ;)

Shipped me the first safe, it was defective and they accepted the return.

Shipped me the second safe...also defective ...

Dicks got tired of me calling and said "OK, we will generate a pickup request".

I wait and wait and wait....no refund from Dicks for the first two purchases. I call Dicks and they told me it's not arrived but I have proof it was picked up by R+L on such and such a day and time...they get shitty and refuse to call me back.

I never stole from Dicks...

Kinda hard to follow the narrative--either both bad safes were picked up at the same time and you had your driver friend make sure they never made it back to Dicks, or they were picked up separately and you had proof of the return.

But in neither version of the story do I see where you paid for the safe you kept.

Anyway when UPS freight came to pickup the two safes I know the driver and told him to make sure it never gets back to them...to this day (2 years later) they never got them back...they were lost in freight  ;)

Kinda hard to follow the narrative--either both bad safes were picked up at the same time and you had your driver friend make sure they never made it back to Dicks, or they were picked up separately and you had proof of the return.

But in neither version of the story do I see where you paid for the safe you kept.

He's saying he didn't. AMEX decided to not charge him for the 3rd safe due to the "scratches". At least that's what I gather. In which case, he didn't really rip off Dick's, I'm assuming AMEX has insurance to cover things like that.

He's saying he didn't. AMEX decided to not charge him for the 3rd safe due to the "scratches". At least that's what I gather. In which case, he didn't really rip off Dick's, I'm assuming AMEX has insurance to cover things like that.

Never ripped them off, I hate Dicks but wouldn't stoop to that level with any business.

The 3rd safe had scratches on the door and side, pretty shitty looking so I sent pictures of all 3 safes to AMEX and they determined the merchant was at fault, apologized for the incident and covered me.

American Express works with the merchant and if the merchant decides to thumb it's nose at AMEX they will cover the cost. AMEX will also cover electronics and other products if the merchant or manufacturer refuses to step in and make things right.

To clarify, they were picked up separate by the same driver who works my route.

I told him make sure it goes back the shittiest and slowest way possible in a joking way, he couldn't believe Dicks didn't think after the 1st incident to check the 2nd replacement for damage before shipping (or the 3rd which was scratched but otherwise usable).

None of those safes ever made it back to Dicks, the PRO number shows it stuck in the mid-west and I'm glad they never made it back or Dicks would have pushed them on someone else.

When you spend over $2K on a safe plus freight it should be delivered in new (as advertised) condition. mistakes happen but 3 times and something is lacking.

The thing is, the carton/pallet/etc. showed no damage so Dicks shipped me JUNK and the freight company didn't mishandle the freight.

Never ripped them off, I hate Dicks but wouldn't stoop to that level with any business.

The 3rd safe had scratches on the door and side, pretty shitty looking so I sent pictures of all 3 safes to AMEX and they determined the merchant was at fault, apologized for the incident and covered me.

American Express works with the merchant and if the merchant decides to thumb it's nose at AMEX they will cover the cost. AMEX will also cover electronics and other products if the merchant or manufacturer refuses to step in and make things right.

That's what I said :)

That's what I said :)

Just wanted to clarify 100% for the other poster who thought I burned them.

I avoid paying cash for anything over $500, if it's a lemon and the company leaves you stranded you are screwed but at least AMEX will try and make things right.

Just wanted to clarify 100% for the other poster who thought I burned them.

I avoid paying cash for anything over $500, if it's a lemon and the company leaves you stranded you are screwed but at least AMEX will try and make things right.

Nah I got ya. I get you were screwed over bad by them. I think you were in the right for what happened and what you did. Keep in mind, those that shop Dick's and get ammo at a good price, lower then the "local" shop, are also in their own right. Gotta take advantage of the big box when you can. :)

Nah I got ya. I get you were screwed over bad by them. I think you were in the right for what happened and what you did. Keep in mind, those that shop Dick's and get ammo at a good price, lower then the "local" shop, are also in their own right. Gotta take advantage of the big box when you can. :)

If anything I learned to shop at local non big-name stores whenever possible, I would give my money to a small business owner whenever possible after that experience.

Sometimes they have deals, always get flyers in the mail and sometimes in the AC Press but I avoid the temptation....not worth the cost of blood pressure meds lol

If anything I learned to shop at local non big-name stores whenever possible, I would give my money to a small business owner whenever possible after that experience.

Sometimes they have deals, always get flyers in the mail and sometimes in the AC Press but I avoid the temptation....not worth the cost of blood pressure meds lol

I'd much rather shop local also, I think we all do. 

They ripped off thousands of gun owners after Sandy Hook. People paid ~ $750 for some high quality ARs on special, in cash, in advance, and the guns were in the store ready to pick up. They refused to let the owners pick them up.

They resold the same rifles (your rifle) for $2K to other people.

Now this somehow doesn't sink in for some of you. Let's forget the part that they took away an AR you already paid for during a time when you suddenly couldn't buy an AR for any price. Apparently that doesn't offend any of you. Let's try an analogy.

Let's say you buy $750 of Apple stock. The next day it goes up to $2000 and your brokerage says, "Sorry, we took that stock back from you, it's not yours." And they sell your stock to someone else for $2000. Does that register?

Many NJ people don't care if they are seriously screwed over on firearms so I took the firearms and the worst part out and just made it plain money to see if that will stick.

I hope their ammo has AIDS.

This is the first time I've heard about this. Yes that sucks and was a scum bag move on their part. They essentially entered into a contract with these buyers and reneged on it..

What's with the AIDS wish?

If you have to ask the question, you wouldn't understand the answer.

Oh no they have my info and it can potentially be used against me.... how?

My info is already in the system - FID, NICS, etc.  If they really want to find me, they can...

This is the first time I've heard about this. Yes that sucks and was a scum bag move on their part. They essentially entered into a contract with these buyers and reneged on it..

What's with the AIDS wish?

Haha, not AIDS on anybody here, just like pretend AIDS.

I'm pretty sure that Dick's got paid.   I can check with my wife as she's in big box retail.. Not Dick's...  But since Amex reviewed the sale and negated it from the customer's statement, I believe the merchant still was paid.  Even if they weren't, it's not unreasonable to have an issue with a damaged item and use the Amex protection to protect yourself from poor customer service, or disreputable retail outfits.

As far as the first two damaged safes, typically, if items like this made it back to the retailer, they are "damaged out" and trashed.  Yes, even large items.  There can be exceptions depending on the deal with the manufacturer, but that's usually how it goes. 

So, ironically, you may have done Dick's a favor if those things never made it back to a Dick's warehouse.  No one had to deal with them and they ended up with pretty much the same fate and the same result on their books.  Most likely.

Morally?  It may have been a little slimy to have the safes disappear.  But who are we to judge?  lol.