Midwest

Is anyone going to NY to see Manhattanhenge tonight? 5/29/15 (Manhattan Solstice)

Is anyone going to NY to see  "Manhattanhenge" tonight? Or sometimes know as the Manhattan Solstice.

http://pix11.com/2015/05/29/where-to-see-manhattanhenge-tonight/

"It’s all because of a twice-a-year phenomenon known as Manhattanhenge, where the sunset aligns perfectly with Manhattan’s grid, sending a cascade of golden-hour sunlight spilling down cross streets.

The phenomenon gets its name from a play on the prehistoric monument Stonehenge in England, and was coined by popular astronomer Neil deGrasse Tyson."

hqdefault.jpg

Wish I could.  Looks like a great photo op.  For all that are going I would highly suggest if you can bracket shots that you take a bunch with both positive and negative exposure compensation as the lighting will play havoc with your auto metering.

I'm actually allergic to any area of NJ east of Parsippany or south of Rt 78. So traveling to NYC is out of the question for me. I break out into a horrible rash once I surround myself with liberals. I can't breathe, and I feel the urge to punch people in the face while driving. I pretty much don't leave Morris, Sussex, Warren, or Hunterdon counties. It's the best way to cope with my affliction.

I'm in New Sodom now, but will be getting out long before dark.

Deerslayer....   it's everything the bible says... and worse.   Actually, it's getting marginally worse since Mayor Tse Tung took over.  I'm pretty sure I saw Snake Plisken the other day.