MidwestPX

Anyone knowledgeable about Playstations?

My sister is a Final Fantasy fanatic and with a remake of 7 coming out, I'd like to get her a Playstation 4 for her upcoming birthday.  She had a PS4 at one point but sold it because her boyfriend (now ex) was a loser and she sold it to make ends meet one month (grad student on financial aid and has a full time job already that's six months behind in paying her).  I haven't had a console in ages so I'm not sure if there's any difference between the models beyond onboard storage.  Anyone care to chime in?

My sister is a Final Fantasy fanatic and with a remake of 7 coming out, I'd like to get her a Playstation 4 for her upcoming birthday.  She had a PS4 at one point but sold it because her boyfriend (now ex) was a loser and she sold it to make ends meet one month (grad student on financial aid and has a full time job already that's six months behind in paying her).  I haven't had a console in ages so I'm not sure if there's any difference between the models beyond onboard storage.  Anyone care to chime in?

A PS4 is a PS4 right now.  They're all 500GB consoles.  There are different bundles out there, however that come with different games/controllers.

Wow that's a pretty good investment for one game. At least she'll have a blue ray player and netflix/amazon hub

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

She's my only sibling and she doesn't have it easy.  I figure this gives her some leisure activity reliving childhood memories (I unabashedly love FF6 and FF7 too).

Is the game available on either console? Not to make it a console debate but both have some pretty significant non-game features she might find useful. It seems like a big cost just to play one game... If you can get her one she can keep using after she tires of the game, even better. Both will stream movies. I think the Xbox can integrate with and control a cable box. Etc.

Is the game available on either console? Not to make it a console debate but both have some pretty significant non-game features she might find useful. It seems like a big cost just to play one game... If you can get her one she can keep using after she tires of the game, even better. Both will stream movies. I think the Xbox can integrate with and control a cable box. Etc.

I think it's only coming for the PS4.

I think it's only coming for the PS4.

Square Enix announced the news during Sony’s press conference at E3 tonight, following a day full of rumors. “Play it first on PlayStation,” read the trailer, implying that it’ll be out for PC and Xbox One too.

Implying but still no actual proof that it will come out on other platforms.  It will be on PS4 first, however.

Implying but still no actual proof that it will come out on other platforms.  It will be on PS4 first, however.

Well, that's both good and bad.  The good news is I thought it was a PS4 exclusive but if it's ported to PC, she can play it on the machine I built for her.  The bad news is, if it's ported to PC, it's going to absorb my life :rofl: