shizzoizzo7

How long does a seller have to send in the purchase permit copies?

Hi, just something I was curious about when dealing with sellers you don't personally know, how long do they have to send in the purchase permit after a F2F sale? Is there a mandated time period (14 days, 30 days etc) or just whenever they get around to it?

Thank you in advance

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I don't have a permit in front of me but I believe it's 7 days.  Definitely not "when you get around to it".  As you noted, responsibility is on the seller to notify the "authorities" by sending in the white and yellow copies of the P2P.  Until that happens the seller is still the "registered" owner.

For some reason I thought it was three but I have new permits waiting for me when I get back. When I did a f2f, buy or sell, I always bring addressed and stamped envelopes even when I buying. Might as well drop them off right then.

If sellers,don't send in the permits it's no real issue for you. As far as state and local PD know they own the gun. It's silly for them not to send it in living in this nanny state.