Teky0101

AR-15 Rail - Need Help

Thank you everyone for the wonderful information. I am certainly going to check out the DD Omega rails. I am curious since these rails are basically free float will it increase the accuracy of the firearm? Thank you again for the help!

You will really only notice the benefits of a free floating rail if:

- You are mounting a laser to it

- You often shoot longer distances bracing the forend on a rest/barricade/sandbag or you use a bipod

- You have a two point sling mounted to the fore end and you really yank on the sling for stability

It doesn't change the barrel or trigger - these two things have the most impact on accuracy after the shooter's ability.

^^that. 25-100yds you should be fine putting your dot on the target and squeezing. Half inch here or there isn't really gonna make a big difference.

Again if your doing bench rest stuff that's a different story, but it's usually farther than 100 yds anyway.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have a magpul handguard with a bipod mounted on a short rail at the end. The pressure point is at the end cap just before the carbine gas block on a 16" barrel, so not very far down on the barrel at all. I use a scope for the zombie and alien heads, so no precise quarter targeting. It's exciting to poke out an eye but it's not a deal breaker. I don't even need all the rail space, i would just cover them all with covers. I like the grip that the magpul offers.

Looks like I would get more value for taking out multiple aliens with a slightly better trigger, or adding a break

Well, I cant really agree that is a free float system with vestigial components remaining.  DD and others may call it that for marketing, and it may but the objective of FF is to eliminate as much harmonic interference from the barrel as possible.  I still stand by my statement that 2 piece drop ins are great, but I cannot agree that it is truly free floated.  In any case, if what the OP actually wants is just  a 2 piece drop in rail to add more goodies, it's a mute point anyway.

Becuase you made up your own definition of free float, does not mean your definition is remotely correct. And the OP is NOT looking for a 2 piece drop in. They actually want a free floating tube. For horribly wrong purposes of mounting an optic on a portion of the gun that should not have an optic mounted on it, but that is besides the point. 

• Like 1

are we debating how a 5gram piece of a sliver of metal that the end cap is effects barrel harmonics? the delta ring while normally removed isn't attached to the barrel, both will cut off easily, but you will have to slide the FSB up a little.

Hello Everyone,

I have a Smith and Wesson M&P AR which has a gas block and delta ring. Does anyone know of rock solid freefloat handguard which would be simple to install without removing the delta ring? I really need some help since I am planning on taking some courses in the future and my optic needs to be mounted to the rail and cannot move or I can loose my zero. Thank you for your help!

Surprisingly sturdy:

https://troyind.com/rail-systems-accessories/rails/drop/delta