EWC88

A BIG thank you plus recommendation!

I wanted to start this thread as a follow up of another I posted. Some may remember, some may not, but I had a thread posting in regards about job recruiters. To make it short, it basically asked people's opinions on them since I am trying to find a job and having horrible luck.

Well from that thread a fellow member, Mrs. Peel, reached out to help me and give advice. Man can I not say enough about this lady. She is absolutely wonderful to talk to, very smart, kind hearted and helpful.

Honestly my resume sucked, and if she reads this post maybe she will chime in on how horrible it was (she is too nice, she probably wouldn't lol). After my time with her over the phone, she made this resume AMAZING! Because of what she has done with my resume and even discussing things about my LinkedIn account, I feel better now when applying to jobs and look professional from my looks down to the paper.

So I want all you fellow members to know, if you ever need help with your resume or know someone who does, trust me Mrs. Peel knows her stuff in this field and I highly recommend her.

Mrs. Peel if you see this, once again I thank you so much for everything you have done for me. You are truly a talented woman at what you do. I thank you for reading my first thread and reaching out to help. Not only did you help me with my resume but you helped with my confidence on this job hunt.

• Like 5

Two thumbs up for Mrs Peel.  Refreshing to see community members helping out in more than one area when they can.  Mrs Peel you are a true American.  

To you sir, congratulations on your new found confidence.  I know how it feels to struggle finding work these days and especially in NJ.  Harder to find a job than keep a job.  Good Luck with your search. The door closed, but the window is open.  Hang in there, and remember, job offers come from the strangest situations.  

You are VERY welcome, EWC88. And ditto what another commenter said in terms of jobs coming from the strangest places. Despite the proliferation of LinkedIn, online job boards, etc. - personal referrals still account for the lion's share of job placements. So, knowing that... where should you spend your time? Yeah, TALKING to people! Continue to let people know what you're doing now and where you're looking to go - all stated in very positive, optimistic terms - and that is more likely to lead to a job than anything else.

Good luck! Keep me apprised.

• Like 1