Sign in to follow this  
NJGF

Lists

Conservative journalist Stephen Hayes had a "funny" story. He purchased a one way ticket to Turkey and then flew back from Greece. He made it onto the no fly list. He had to show up 3 hours early when he attempted to fly. He tried to get off the list and contacted various agencies but with no success.

He mentioned this to Fox news anchor Bret Baier who was going to do an interview with Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson. At the end of the interview Brett asked "Mr. Secretary do you think Steve Hayes is a terrorist?"

Within days Hayes was off the list.

We need due process (another one of those obsolete silly amendments) not secret lists.

• Like 1

Conservative journalist Stephen Hayes had a "funny" story. He purchased a one way ticket to Turkey and then flew back from Greece. He made it onto the no fly list. He had to show up 3 hours early when he attempted to fly. He tried to get off the list and contacted various agencies but with no success.

He mentioned this to Fox news anchor Bret Baier who was going to do an interview with Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson. At the end of the interview Brett asked "Mr. Secretary do you think Steve Hayes is a terrorist?"

Within days Hayes was off the list.

We need due process (another one of those obsolete silly amendments) not secret lists.

Not the only case I've heard of this.  Flying to Turkey gets you on lists.  Period.

There are a few travel bloggers who travel for a living that have experienced similar fates.

No fly, no buy is BS without due recourse for getting off the list.

Not the only case I've heard of this. Flying to Turkey gets you on lists. Period.

There are a few travel bloggers who travel for a living that have experienced similar fates.

No fly, no buy is BS without due recourse for getting off the list.

I dont think flying to turkey gets you on a list unless that's a recent thing. I flew to turkey in 2003 and I've had several international and domestic flights since then. I also got my FID and several pistol permits since then.

I dont think flying to turkey gets you on a list unless that's a recent thing. I flew to turkey in 2003 and I've had several international and domestic flights since then. I also got my FID and several pistol permits since then.

More recent. And being on no fly has nothing to do with fid and permits.

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

That's a shame. Turkey is a really nice country to visit. Well I don't know about the city's but the rural countryside is really nice. The only time I was in city's was to go to and from the airport.