Sign in to follow this  
rifleman

Home invasion

Home invasion

This is why she puts up with my antics

0545, not fully asleep. House alarm goes off: ENTRY DETECTED ENTRY DETECTED INTRUDER INTRUDER........repeated in spanish......... wow is it loud!

Since we live in Brick (safest city in America haha & the herion kids are among us, this may be the real deal.

I pull my trusty HD weapon from the bedside table- a giant can of wasp spray and prepare to defend the castle. Alarm still sounding, wife up and ready for battle. A quick look around the upstairs hall and cautiously proceed downstairs.

With apology to real military and LEO, my inner Seal Team Six kicks in. Alarm is sounding and indicating the back door was opened. I flip on lights as I quick check the rooms on the second level so the BG aren't behind me if I open fire. No other doors or windows seem breached. Phone rings immediately, it is the alarm company. Nice 15 second response time!

I can see down toward the back door, all the lights are on. Alarm still going. Dog NOT barking?????? WTF???? WHy am I feeding the thing?????

OK, cleared each room and closet- always advancing from cover. No panic- it's my house and I am ready to unleash a deadly spray until the can is empty and followup with bayonet attack. That's how we roll in the Brick.

OK, all safe. Doors and windows intact. No one around. Cancelled the alarm. Must have been a faulty sensor. I think we acted calmly and with purpose.

Part 2

How I earn my keep

Job 1: why did this happen/ just another MF thing to fix around the castle. When will it end?????

Check door sensor contacts: OK

Check alarm panel connection: OK

Check continuity of wire thru the wall: NOT OK mmmmmmmmmmm

Check alarm contact again- only one wire connected???? mmmmmmm

​Disassemble contact. Lone wire sticking out from the wall.

Now it gets weird, recommend you lock & load.

Wire starts moving furiously on its own!!!! It is waving like a Democrat on election day !!! I start pulling off baseboard trim like crazy (should have gone to get my spray but no time) plus I was well armed with a screwdriver.

Hey, there is a mouse in there!!!! Pulled him out and kept jabbing around. They usually are not alone. Scared another one out thru the hole to the outside. They had chewed thru one wire entirely and stripped 2" of insulation off the other. This is what I get for not leaving the TV on overnight for them to watch.

Simple repair- seal the hole, steel wool, poison, peppermint oil, solid insulation, fix wires, test, paneling, trim- mission accomplished. Alarm company would have charged me $160. Wife thinks I am a hero and buys me beer.

The castle is safe again.

Ah, a mouse again. You'll appreciate this story.

When I put in the latest monitored wireless system I had it in test mode for quite a while to make sure we habituated how we used it.

After a couple weeks in test mode, while checking the log I see that the basement motion sensor is going off 5 - 15 times a night. What the hell is down there? Squirrel? Raccoon? I check thoroughly and find nothing.

Finally I put a video cam down there to watch the motion sensor. Yes sir, there goes a mouse running in front of it! Like six inches in front of it. Climbing up and down and all around the concrete block walls, and joists and beams with the greatest of ease.

So yes, sensors will detect mouse motion too if given the chance.

Alarm call at work.  I respond and meet one female police officer in he parking lot.  I have the key so I go in first and she follows me to the alarm panel.  Alarm panel display shows activity in a room all the way on the other side of the building and the motion is still happening.  I lead her on a several minute walk through the dark building quietly opening doors and gates as we go.  We reach the area where the motion is and she steps aside to let me open that door too.  I say "no way - you've got the gun" and hand her the key.

Turned out to be a bad motion sensor.

The siren for the alarm is right outside the bedroom door. Its amazing how quickly you are wide awake when it goes off 330am and boy does it hurt your ears.

Had similar with a false motion alarm caused by a loose garage door and wind. Worse part, the detached garage is 100 ft away from the house.

That's funny. Mice love wire insulation. It's like crack to them. I don't quite get the wasp spray. Is that code for .357 Magnum

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Wasp Spray, like Bear Spray, is basically pepper spray on crack. I'm assuming the OP would attempt a non-lethal method first.

That said, i believe it is ILLEGAL to use wasp spray, just like it is bear spray, on humans due to just how potent it is.

My suggestion is to read the can, as many sprays such as those state that it is illegal right on the can. You could quite literally possibly spend more time in jail for defending yourself with the wasp spray if your PD are assholes than if you had used your firearm. That said, being in Brick, the PD would probably just laugh as they hauled the guy away.

Wasp spray?

Ever seen the Fouth of July? If people come in my house it will look like that turned sideways. Three things I love are tracers, BETA mags, and happy switches. If my house doesn't burn down I'll be at Home Depot the next day for $200 worth of spackle and oxyclean.

• Like 2

Non-Lethal? If someone breaks into my house they will be lucky if they get a warning shot. If they get a warning shot, and don't turn and exit, it's two in the chest and one in the head.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Wasp spray?

Ever seen the Fouth of July? If people come in my house it will look like that turned sideways. Three things I love are tracers, BETA mags, and happy switches. If my house doesn't burn down I'll be at Home Depot the next day for $200 worth of spackle and oxyclean.

Aren't tracers illegal in NJ? or was that Armor piercing ammo?

There are plenty of videos on YouTube of people getting sprayed with wasp spray. You may be better off urinating on them...

I saw a few of those, as well, a while back. Doesn't really do anything from what i understood.

Aren't tracers illegal in NJ? or was that Armor piercing ammo?

I don't think tracers are. I know happy switches and beta mags definitely are though.

Mipafox lives in the United States so that isn't a concern.

IANAL: Nothing you have in the house is per se illegal. If you happen to have wasp spray sitting on a counter and grab it and use it when you see an intruder you would normally be fine. On the other hand if you walked around all day with wasp spray in a holster then not so much. btw: I have no idea if wasp spray is useful or not on an intruder.

IANAL: Nothing you have in the house is per se illegal. If you happen to have wasp spray sitting on a counter and grab it and use it when you see an intruder you would normally be fine. On the other hand if you walked around all day with wasp spray in a holster then not so much. btw: I have no idea if wasp spray is useful or not on an intruder.

Its a myth that it IS useful (like bear mace) but videos i have seen in the past debunked it and its basically useless, as far as i know.

As for him living in a free state, i was not aware; that makes more sense now lol

Non-Lethal? If someone breaks into my house they will be lucky if they get a warning shot. If they get a warning shot, and don't turn and exit, it's two in the chest and one in the head.

One of the ones in the chest is my warning shot. The other ones in the chest and head are when I mean business.

• Like 1

For next time I have a stash of Colibri powderless 22 shorts for mice and cockroaches. 

All kidding aside why would you seek a confrontation? Do you have a vantage point where you can see them before they see you? That's where I'll be, dialing 911, aiming "downrange," when Crackhead Willy decides to make a sandwich in my kitchen. 

Thanks my gun brothers. 100% correct on the lack-o-effectiveness of wasp spray. I looked at enough Youtubes to see that. Best upgrade to the 12g. I shoot at 10k clays a year and am comfortable with it. Looking at a 870T with a 18-1/2" second barrel. Great way to practice a few thousand times.

THe upper level has 99% visibility of the middle level and the lower level has 95% visibility from the middle level. I am very comfortable with those sight lines.