Sign in to follow this  
oldguysrule649

How do I include an image in my post?

I work in IT and am almost embarrassed to ask, but how do I include a picture in my post. I have a Smugmug account. Tried specifying the Smugmug link in my post. However received an error when clicking on the link in the post. If I recall, it was "wrong file type".

(I did try searching here to no avail.)

I work in IT and am almost embarrassed to ask, but how do I include a picture in my post. I have a Smugmug account. Tried specifying the Smugmug link in my post. However received an error when clicking on the link in the post. If I recall, it was "wrong file type".

It might not be an error on your part. From SmugMug:

"Site Unavailable"

"Investigating - We’re sorry! SmugMug is temporarily unavailable, and our ops team is working on a fix. We’ll be back ASAP. Feb 28, 09:48 PST"

"Identified - Amazon S3 storage service is currently operating with severely degraded performance. We're working with them to get the problem repaired as soon as possible. Until it is repaired, SmugMug sites will run slowly or not load. Feb 28, 10:05 PST"

http://status.smugmug.com/

"Update - Read operations such as viewing photos are now working. Uploading is not consistently functional yet; we have an ETA of an hour for full functionality. Feb 28, 13:18 PST"

I don't think the Amazon issue was the source of my problem since I encountered that about a week ago.  Once AWS fixes their issue, I will try again.  If I encounter any further challenges, I will post more detail.

Btw,  such an outage with Amazon Web Services S3 storage is a very big deal.  S3 is supposed to be inherintly fault tolerant since all S3 data volumes reside in what are known as Availability Zones. Each storage volume resides on multiple disks in seperate datacenters.  Their stated SLA is at least 99.9%.  Looks like they will owe service credits to a lot of customers.  Murphy never sleeps.

I resolved my issue.  Within SMUGMUG, I needed to also first specify the image size I wanted to share before copying the link they generate.   I then paste it here in the post dialogue after selecting the "Image" icon.

Specifically, you can now see the image of my Texas LTC in the thread I created in the Training forum.

PK90: My understanding, possibly incorrect, was that there was no option to upload directly from your harddrive(ie the usual way).  The "Image" button asks for a URL.   Perhaps the "My Media" function enables that but I am not familiar with it.