ANNIE GET YER GUN!  

Had a wonderful time mentoring 70+ women of all ages, colors and backgrounds at Old Bridge Rifle & Pistol Club's 17th Annual "Ladies Day at the Range"!  Used my Smith and Wesson K-.22 Masterpiece, Model 586 Combat and my 1911 Springfield Armory .45ACP.  Put targets 10 yards out and still got lots of X's!  Lots of other Club members on hand (approx. 12 of which hold membership in the Coalition!) teaching multiple disciplines simultaneously thanks to Club's outdoor range design of 7 individual shooting pits plus a dedicated shotgun range!  Shotgun clays (static & flying presentations), Black Powder hand guns, rifles and smokewagons, Static & reactive steel (Knock-Down) using hand guns, pistol caliber carbines, 10-.22's, etc., .22 USPSA (Old Bridge Rimfire Action League), and the Police Pistol Combat silhouette league I'm the Match Director of.  Donuts & coffee at registration, Lunch was served at 12:30, and Will Korman, Coalition of New Jersey Firearm Owners Event & Community Outreach Chair was there all day answering questions about the hoops one has to go thru to become a gun owner, the scourge of bad gun law such as "Justifiable Need", and a host of other topics.  

This is my 15th appearance at this great event.  Interested in learning more?  Ask questions!

To learn more about New Jersey's busiest Second Amendment Organization, our mentoring, and our mission, go to: http://www.cnjfo.com or check us out on Facebook to learn about us & all NJ shooting-related news stories :) 

Side note:  neither of my 1911's had a single hiccup firing 230 grain ball or flat point 200 grain .45ACP+P factory loadings (donated ammo).  When taught properly, even 75 yr old great grannies don't have a single malfunction due to limp-wristing :) 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Maksim said:

Awesome, should include some pics of the event!

I didn't take any Max, but others did.  I've already reached-out to get some to share here & make a Photo Story on CNJFO's Facebook page :) 

BTW thanks for the upgrades to the site!

It was seriously a FUN day!  5 squads of 14 women and most were completely new to shooting.  Had them hitting X's and asking all sorts of questions.  HOOKED them into the shooting sports and opened eyes and minds.  Guns aren't as "scary" when you and your BFF's spent a day with us :) 

Yep, one smile at a time!  Or as Anthony Colandro is famously quoted, "EACH ONE, REACH ONE!"  Well we reached almost 6 DOZEN!

Thanks for the kudos!

37 pix in a Photo Story are on the CNJFO Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/cnjfo