Sign in to follow this  
capt14k

Boxing Comeback is Over. RIP Boxing. Spoiler

Spoiler Alert

R

I

P

Another either fixed fight or incompetent Ref. How the hell do you stop a fight after 3 consecutive low blows then award the fight to the guy throwing the low blows. Andre Ward earned respect as a puncher, but as far as sportsmanship goes he is as dirty as they come. There better be a third bout and Kovalev better turn it into a street fight from the opening bell. If not the revival of boxing by the Eastern Europeans is dead. I'm sure this was fixed by the regular players. Expect GGG to lose controversial as well.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

This fight is a perfect example of the biased MSM Fake News. The headlines are "Ward TKOS Krusher with vicious body blows".

Below the belt means just that. It is below the naval. It is up to the referee to make the boxers pull their trunks down to that point. You hit below the waist line of the trunks you are hitting below the belt.

The headlines should read "Another bad stoppage" "Athletic Commission needs to overturn decision and rule no contest or disqualify Ward". The referee should have disqualified Ward. I thought that's what happened at first because it was the only decision that made sense. In addition to the 3 low blows at the end, Ward threw 2 earlier in the fight.

IMO the MSM so biased because Ward is an African American and Kovalev is a Russian. Just goes along with the fake news anti-Russian narrative. Personally I am not a big fan of the Russians, but I can at least be unbiased and call the fight how I saw it and not put out fake news.

boxing was making a comeback? shit we got the money/notorious fight coming up now.

Exactly was making a comeback. Now we have nothing but hijinks. GGG v Canello should be good. Mayweather v McGregor is a joke.

Boxing is dying a slow death. Has been for awhile now. The fact that a Floyd/McGregor was made is an indicator of the desperate measures some are taking to make money. While it's definitely a guilty pleasure and I will 100% watch it the decision by the athletic commission in Vegas to approve this fight is a joke. One of the best boxer of all time vs 0 pro fights. Boxing has no one to blame besides itself.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I've been hearing "boxing is dead" for going on 20 years now.  It certainly isn't as popular as it once was but it is far from dead.

So looking forward to GGG vs Canelo.  Mayweather vs McGregor is a publicity stunt.  Def not paying for that, just like I didn't pay for Ward vs Kovalev 2.  

Won't pay for any PPV. I can wait til the replay in the morning or download the torrent immediately after the fight. Boxing was dead then the great white hopes arrived. Now that Klitschko is done and Kovalev was robbed twice the pickings are getting slim. Boxing is killing itself yet again.

GGG should destroy Canelo. However I expect some sort of B.S. where Canelo wins. Unfortunately the Eastern Europeans are not drawing enough money fast enough for the boxing world so they will fix the fight and instill their light skinned Mexican as champion.