silverado427

Traveling with a Fla. CCP

The Question I want to ask is.  When your driving to a neighboring state on vacation  is it ok to have your carry weapon in the trunk of your vehicle.  How does that work with njs  handgun exemption, To and from the range.  If you get pulled over while leaving the state will you be the next news headline.

silverado427:

What both T Bill and Krdshrk stated is correct.  If you have not done so already, you may find the thread that I started in the CCW section very interesting and my post, as well as others may answer many of your questions and be of help to you in your vacation planning. 

Here is a link to it:
AVB-AMG

On 1/22/2018 at 8:20 PM, Krdshrk said:

FOPA applies.  Travel unloaded/secured.  FL CCW is not valid in PA.  Once you get through to Ohio you can load up and be legal.

FL non-resident CWP is not valid in PA.  FL resident CWP is valid.  

On 1/22/2018 at 6:14 PM, silverado427 said:

The Question I want to ask is.  When your driving to a neighboring state on vacation  is it ok to have your carry weapon in the trunk of your vehicle.  How does that work with njs  handgun exemption, To and from the range.  If you get pulled over while leaving the state will you be the next news headline.

As others have stated, if you store it per FOPA regulations, and you don't stop in NJ for anything other than a quick food/fuel/P-break, you should be OK, technically. Also,do you absolute best not to get "stopped," if at all possible. I mean, while you might be within the law, technically, it may not stop an overzealous LEO from.... well.... you know....

Oh, a minor nitpic - FL does not issue Concealed carry "permits..."  they issue "licenses..." Hence, the FL "Concealed Weapon or Firearm License (CWFL), That title is what appears on the card itself.  :D