Sign in to follow this  
aeromaks

Is your loca store gouging prices on anything?

Guns? Ammo? Anything?

As I walk around the state, and drop by gunstores, some places just seem to be gouging the new shooters with this Obama craze. What is your store charging most for?

One place I went to down the shore, supplies were reasonbly priced, but some weapons, well, nearly every handgun was $200 over the price of online or close competitors and rifles were 2x the price.

Other stores still have decent prices on guns, but everything else is overpriced.

Even when I go to the range, I drop by Dick Sports as at least their ammo, which is $10 a box online, can be had for $12 (case discount) or $13 per box.... as opposed to ranges with $15 and up.

Range ammo has always expensive. Worse yet is some ranges I have been to will not allow you to shoot reloads. It is a shame when there is blatant gouging going on at your happy place. Absurd market value is bad enought, but gun guys intentionaly screwing gun guys is a shame.

I was going through my 223 ammo and found some from a few years ago when I bought it for 2.89/box at Natchez. Wow how times have changed.

I actually went up to Jim Flynns's in Glen Gardner and bought his last case (shared it with 3 people so it's not hoarding.) Turned out to be $17.65 per box. Plus he is a really great guy. Even though its far it's well worth the savings he will order anything you want.