Sign in to follow this  
DPNJ

Other hobbies/interests

Firearms are great , but what else does everyone enjoy doing? Im a big sports guy, Im a die hard NY Mets fan. I play a lot of golf, both golf and firearms are new interests of mine, but have quickly become addicted to both. SO what about everyone else?

Well besides collecting guns I also build plastic models been doing it since I was 8. I have contributed to the Intrepid Museum and ocasionally build for commission. Here's a picture of one of my favorite kits. I mostly build tanks, go figure, but dabble in planes and ships.

TC[attachment=0]179.jpg[/attachment]

I did that when I was younger too. Most of my teenage builds went before the pellet gun when I enlisted. But once I started putting 80 hours plus into the work and the average tank model started pushing $40-$60 those days were over. The kit in the picture is a limited run resin kit out of Scotland and cost $140. That was before the research and a tube of glue was even opened. I worked on it on and off for 2 years. It took a second place at a regional contest. The 2 hobies compete for my time, and I have sold models both built and unbuilt to buy guns. Never sold a gun to buy models.

TC

As parents we are always running to sports events that the kids are involved with this leaves little time for other things, however we have great trails by me so we go mountain biking as a family. Something new this year for my 8 year old, he will be racing a Soap Box Derby car. We assembled the kit together and are waiting for the season to start.

can my career be a hobby or interest?

I love what I do, financial planning, investments, protection planning, bringing people together.

Aside from that, picked up skiing 2 years ago, so during the winter, every weekend I am at least in the poconos. Also, a fairly new hobby is collecting silver world coins, both issue and commeratives.

Well I enjoy anything that goes really fast. Basically into all kinds of motor racing but my favorites are Formula 1, Rolex Grand-am series and ALMS.

Since we bought our house I have spent many hours doing work in it. Paying for someone else to do the work is not as personally satisfying. Looking back on a project when you are done and being able to say I did that with my own hands, is a great feeling.