Sign in to follow this  
Spokes

New Rifle

njpilot

I ordered it from a dealer in Moorestown. Like I said it took six months to get it. Colt can't keep up with the demand.

tbtrout

one turn in 7"

Ray Ray

I will take a few and post them but it might take me a day or two.

tbtrout

I am just getting into reloading. What do you call a heavy bullet? I bought ammo with 55g bullets.

PSIJ

Yes, it's a 20" barrel. Like I said, I have been waiting for six months. The guy is working out of a coin shop on Main Street. I'm not sure if he is a partner or an employee. He has been an FFL for a year. Seems like a nice guy.

mauser88

Glad to hear it. That's why I went with a Colt.

Spokes,

Nice. Have fun & enjoy it.

Have you thought of any mods to it yet?

I am planning on changing the handguard, gas block & grip...for starters

Not sure if I want a handguard with rails or a smooth one.

16" with rails will give it a tactical look & feel. Not sure want to get.

RayRay

I bought it because of the possibility of a new AWB. I toyed around with getting one for the last couple of years but the possibility of not being able to get one in the future made up my mind to buy it. I plan on shooting it as much as possible.

AH141NJ

This type of rifle is new for me and I'm not sure what type of mods are available. The only things that I usually do to my guns are those that help me get tighter groups.

Here is my Colt HBAR, I bought it during the last AWB, so its ugh, Jersey Legal. No bayonet lug or flash hider. I mean the amount of convience stores robbed at bayonet point is astronomical. But I like the rifle but it is picky as far as ammo goes.

TC[attachment=0]126.jpg[/attachment]

I heard about the backlog on Colt AR's and decided against them because of the timeframe.

Then, walked into BulletHole in Belleville, said what's that, and it was a Colt Match Target HBAR Compensated 20", or MT6700C. They had at least two of them (one new one on display, mine new in the box in the basement, might be more). Walked out with it at MSRP.

Shot it last weekend, probably my favorite 223. I was planning to do high power matches with my M1, but I think the MT6700C is going to get the first pass.

-Melgamatic