Sign in to follow this  
NJChiroDoc

Ruger LCR

Anthony from Gun For Hire looked it over for me. He said that he liked the trigger on it and said it felt good in his hand. We shot the S&W version of the gun and hated it. There was a very big punch into the hand. All the reviews of the gun say that there is not the same punch that the S&W has. After I fire it on sunday I will post more.

The LCR is almost a part for part copy of the Kel-Tec P3AT -- which I've shot on a number of occasions. It doesn't kick too badly, and generally does what you're expecting. The trigger is heavy and the sites are almost non-existant, but it's not meant to be a target gun...

Should be fun!

The LCR is almost a part for part copy of the Kel-Tec P3AT -- which I've shot on a number of occasions. It doesn't kick too badly, and generally does what you're expecting. The trigger is heavy and the sites are almost non-existant, but it's not meant to be a target gun...

Should be fun!

XDJohn - you're thinking of the LCP which IS nearly identical to the P3AT

He's talking about the LCR which is a revolver.

Should be fun!

XDJohn - you're thinking of the LCP which IS nearly identical to the P3AT

He's talking about the LCR which is a revolver.

Totally missed that. My bad.

I haven't tried an LCR yet... Sounds cool.

No biggie - I only know cause I've been looking at both, not sure why I'm looking though if I can't carry.

The LCP is only in 380, 6+1 rounds

The LCR is only in 38 special +p but is avail from the factory with crimson trace grips (laser). 5 rounds

The first thing that comes to mind is what a sweet gun! It is very light and does not have much of a punch in the hand at all. It is very easy to aim and a lot of fun to shoot. My wife really liked it because after shooting the similar Smith and Wesson she was very unhappy. It was a little bigger that I thought it would be but, it is small enough to be placed in a pocket without much detection.

If you are in the market for a home protection or if you are a LEO looking for a back up ankle gun this is it. No hammer, no snaggs, and Very little kick.

The first thing that comes to mind is what a sweet gun! It is very light and does not have much of a punch in the hand at all. It is very easy to aim and a lot of fun to shoot. My wife really liked it because after shooting the similar Smith and Wesson she was very unhappy. It was a little bigger that I thought it would be but, it is small enough to be placed in a pocket without much detection.

If you are in the market for a home protection or if you are a LEO looking for a back up ankle gun this is it. No hammer, no snaggs, and Very little kick.

Wow, super bump!

I think the LCR is going to be my next belly gun purchase. I've been picking up and playing with the one at Caso's and it really fits good in my hand.

I just got the LCP and love that as well. They are holding on to it at BH for me till I get my permit. I called up the PD because I thought it was taking a while and it was b/c both my references did not return. I called them and now they are in the mail back to the PD. I am hoping to pick it up next week.

The LCP is really cheap. I think it was under 400 bucks at Caso's. But I really like those snubbie 38's! I might double up with a Charter Arms south-paw and an LCR.

I've seen the LCP for $275 locally. Of course this is after I bought one online for $325.... :lol:

Bump

I need more money! And now since my Charter Arms went down right out of the box, I really need to get this deal done.

Tony, I'll be there eventually.

That's a shame - Paul had an LCR and you went for the Charter Arms.

He actually sold the one he had the day before. I still want it, but I wanted the southpaw, too. And since Paul had one already in stock, and no one else did, I went for it.