BadBul

Chester, NJ

About 20 years ago my father brought me to a field in Chester, NJ or very close by that didn't charge a fee for us to stay on the field and shoot a shotgun. We brought clay targets and a machine that threw the clay discs into the sky along with us.

What I need to know is there anyone that knows of this field in Chester or one similar?

Also what is the name of the clay disc and the machine that throws them?

Here is the information off of the NJDEP site:

NJ Division of Fish and Wildlife

Hunter Training Areas

Lead Shot Restriction Information

The following information pertains to NJ Division of Fish and Wildlife facilities located on state Wildlife Management Areas (WMA). Users must bring their own targets and/or clay birds and launcher; archery ranges include backstops. For range location see maps linked from the List of Wildlife Management Areas. For other WMA information call 609-984-0547.

These ranges are provided by the NJ Division of Fish and Wildlife's Hunter Education Program through federal funding from the US Fish and Wildlife Service's Federal Aid in Wildlife Restoration Program (http://wsfrprograms.fws.gov). The federal funds are derived from an excise tax collected on guns, ammunition and archery equipment.

Information on privately operated facilities is available at Where To Shoot, a site maintained by the National Shooting Sports Foundation.

TRAINING AREA REGULATIONS

All WMA regulations apply.

At least one (1) member of the shooting party must have a current, valid hunting license.

Shotgun is for fine shot (lead-free at Assunpink, Tuckahoe and Winslow; smaller than No. 4 lead or No. T steel ammunition) only.

Archery is for target or practice tips only - No broadheads.

Muzzleloader is for muzzleloading firearms, shotguns with rifled slugs or buckshot and modern .22 caliber rimfire rifles only.

No handguns or centerfire rifles permitted.

Hours are 9am - dusk (except Black River WMA)

At least one (1) member of the shooting party must have a current, valid hunting license in possession.

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/ranges.htm this site lists all state areas.

BadBul where are you located? There are many trap ranges available to the public.

There is a trap club in Chester on rt 206. I am sure there are more, but Chester has really built up over the years. If you get the chance, eat at the Chester Diner. They have awsome food and good prices.

See, search works great.

I had to go with Lynn to talk to her surgeon about her upcoming surgery, and we passed this place on the way home. I had to stop and check it out. It's a nice little field. 2 houses, relatively well kept, and conveniently located about 8 inches off route 206. I'm gonna try to add it to my must shoot there list. If anyone wants to give it a go some Saturday morning, I'm probably game.