Sign in to follow this  
axeman_g

Central? South? North? Whats the line?

ok all....

Lately I have been hearing alot of "Medord is in Central Jersey." or... Meadowlands are North Jersey" comments. But nobody knows the lines of delineation. I grew up in Cherry Hill where I now reside. I always figured anything south of Trenton was South Jersey.... Trenton to the Meadowlands was Central and all the rest through Warren County and east was North Jersey.

What is your opinions of the line of delineation? What are your NJ Mason Dixon Lines?

North jersey folks consider anything sout of the Driscoll bridge (parkway exit 128ish) to be south jersey...

I am going to say Anything north of 287/440 is north jersey

Between 287/440 and 195 (trenton to shore) is central jersey

Anything south of 195 South Jersey.

There was a map in the ledger years ago when the debate to split jersey into 2 was studied

I don't consider any of Monmouth county to be south Jersey and certainly with all of the Staten Islanders transplanting into Monmouth, it's hardly anything but Central.

I lived in Eatontown and Howell for 13 years, I always considered it Central Jersey.

For me, south Jersey begins with 609 ;)

North jersey folks consider anything sout of the Driscoll bridge (parkway exit 128ish) to be south jersey...

I am going to say Anything north of 287/440 is north jersey

Between 287/440 and 195 (trenton to shore) is central jersey

Anything south of 195 South Jersey.

There was a map in the ledger years ago when the debate to split jersey into 2 was studied

I'm cool with that!

Westfield is not in Northern, Central nor South Jersey.

Northern is, I'm going to say, above Rt 80.

Central is much futher south. Eatontown, Wall, Monmouth County, South Brunswick, Princeton, etc.

South is far south, Camden, Atlantic City (central?), pine barrens, all that stuff way down south by the new Motorsports racetrack.

Westfield, or all of Union County, isn't anywhere. Where is Newark?

newak is defnitely north jersey.

Princeton was always central jersey, nort of 195.... though when I lived in Elizabeth... we all referred to anything south of Edison being South Jersey... I guess even New Brunswick would be south jersey.

I stand by my definition.

Hunterdon, Somerset, Middlesex, Mercer, Monmouth.... are central jersey. everything else north and south.

Ocean county is very much south jersey in terms of demographics and beliefs for the most part. District 12 fairly conservative.... heck, we keep voting in Smith.