Sniper

New Gun Control Law Would Require Gun Owners in NY to get Mental Health Evaluations

The Anti-2A politicians don't even try to hide their agendas anymore, it's like one state is trying to outdo another:

New York – -(AmmoLand.com)- The march for more gun laws in New York continues with on another assault on the rights of the citizens in what is truly becoming the Empire State.

The bill (S7065) (A01589) would make it mandatory that every gun owner in the state of New York get a mental health evaluation before they could purchase a firearm. This wouldn’t be a one-time thing, this would be for every gun and of course, these evaluations would have to be held at a location of the state of New York’s choosing and would be at the expense of the person looking to purchase the gun.

There is also a larger and much more sinister motive to think about here. New York passed its own version of a Red Flag law last year, and unlike other states, it allows schools and just about anyone else to petition the courts to get an ERPO and have someone’s firearms taken away. Now can you imagine every gun owner now having to be subjected to a mental health exam, over and over again, where one wrong question, one misconstrued answer or even the bias of the doctor could not only prevent someone from legally buying the gun they were looking to get, but also lead to the police coming to the house and taking the rest and with a doctor’s word versus the citizen’s in court, the gun owner, soon to become the former gun owner, wouldn’t stand a chance legally.

https://www.ammoland.com/2020/01/new-gun-control-law-would-require-gun-owners-in-ny-to-get-mental-health-evaluations/

13 hours ago, njJoniGuy said:

Politicians everywhere have their fingers on the "ON" button of the Tree of Liberty's sprinkler system, and many don't even give a crap.

When is that tree finally going to be tall enough to provide the required "shade"?

13 hours ago, Sniper said:

Now can you imagine every gun owner now having to be subjected to a mental health exam, over and over again, where one wrong question, one misconstrued answer or even the bias of the doctor could not only prevent someone from legally buying the gun they were looking to get, but also lead to the police coming to the house and taking the rest and with a doctor’s word versus the citizen’s in court,

This is a really BIG issue. NY's SAFE act had hardly any compliance, and very few registered their guns. Now, with this Bill, when you go to buy a new firearm, they FORCE you to go to their government supported physician, who denies your mentally health, and not only are you not approved for purchase, but they show up at your house and take everything else you have...

A backdoor confiscation and really slippery slope!

35 minutes ago, Sniper said:

When is that tree finally going to be tall enough to provide the required "shade"?

This is a really BIG issue. NY's SAFE act had hardly any compliance, and very few registered their guns. Now, with this Bill, when you go to buy a new firearm, they FORCE you to go to their government supported physician, who denies your mentally health, and not only are you not approved for purchase, but they show up at your house and take everything else you have...

A backdoor confisgation and really slippery slope!

If you resist the confiscation and it gets physical they then turn around and say "See, he is violent! We did the right thing."

Reminder: this is a public-facing forum. I personally think these threads about proposed anti-2A laws are very important and should be seen by as many eyes as possible. For that reason, I really don't want to move any of them to the 1A Lounge. But I've had to hide a few posts already. So, be a helper... and think before you type. Thank you!! :)

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.