Scottcba1

Ruger SR9

http://www.casosguns.com

They are located in Jersey City and I bought my SR9 there (OD green model). They also had the all black one and two-tone model as well if your still interested.

Thanks....

Thats a small place, Packed! My friend buys alot there. BH ordered one for me, two tone. They do have a all black one but everything I have is black. I going for the flashy one! :shock:

http://www.casosguns.com

They are located in Jersey City and I bought my SR9 there (OD green model). They also had the all black one and two-tone model as well if your still interested.

If you dont mind me asking, what did you pay for your SR9?

-Scott

I think it was 529 bucks before taxes and fees.

Wow these SR9's are getting more and more expensive. Did you shoot an SR9 before purchasing it? How did it handle? How does it compare to an SA XD-9 or S&W MP-9?

Thanks for the info.

-Scott

I shot my friends two-tone version and that sold me. I was either going to get the SR9 or MP9. Being as I already shot and liked the SR9, it was an easy choice. I never shot the XD 9 but I own the 45 tactical and love it. I wanted a slimmer profile and the MP 9 and XD 9 are a bit chunky.

I agree on the slimmer profile....just cant wait to shoot one. I left Shore Shot an email asking if it was back from the gunsmith yet but no reply. Maybe I will call tomorrow since Im off. If its there it will be worth a $33box of ammo to go test it out.

-Scott

I agree on the slimmer profile....just cant wait to shoot one. I left Shore Shot an email asking if it was back from the gunsmith yet but no reply. Maybe I will call tomorrow since Im off. If its there it will be worth a $33box of ammo to go test it out.

-Scott

It is worth the 33 bucks for a test drive.

The gun feels real good in my hands, but I have small hands and it works out for me. It's light too. Don't know the weight but it's a lighter than my Px4.

Just an update....SS still doesnt have thier SR9 back from the gunsmith, and I still dont have my permits nor have I shot an SR9 yet. I do really like the way the gun feels but I am anxious to place any orders without shooting it first.

I did find a new startup FFL gun shop here in town that is willing to order me an SR9 two-tone with a 50% deposit and hold it till my permits come in. The price is awesome but I dont want to order till I fire one. I guess only time will tell.

-Scott

Bullet Hole will have one soon, if not all ready. I ordered a SR9 but just backed out. (with Bullet Hole's permission) I bought a Ruger Mark 3 22/45 Hunter.....yes a .22 cal but ammo prices are killing me and it fits my wifes hand perfect.

I WILL get a SR9....... but I had to "adjust" my wish list a little. SR9 will make a good birthday gift to myself.... lol

Finally gunna shoot a Ruger SR9!!! Im very excited, I hope it holds up to everything I Have read and seen lately. I am making a trip over to Ready Aim Fire in Bristol, Pa tomorrow sometime. I already called to make sure they had it and found out range ammo is $24.95/box of 50. Not as bad as I thought. Even putting 100 rounds through it with rental fees and range fee I will be less the $100 and finally have an opinion of my own.

I will definitely post after the trip!

-Scott

Scott,

I might be shooting this saturday. tell me if you are avalible. I could also do friday at the bullet hole. I will be up in harrison.

I really appreciate all the offers that you have given me but weekends arent so great for me. Typical retail job, have to work the whole weekend. Thanks for all the offers though!

-Scott

Well, after 140 miles round trip I was finally able to shoot an SR9 and man I am happy I made the trip. The gun was flawless. Extremely accurate, well balanced, low recoil and very nice trigger pull. Even with a few three round bursts I was still able to keep a nice tight grouping. I am very impressed with this gun and today helped seal the deal, Im going to buy this Ruger as my first gun.

I have to say that the guys and facilities at Ready Aim Fire in Bristol Pa. were great. The range was very clean, and the employees were very friendly and ready to help with anything. I would highly recommend them to anyone in the Burlington or Mercer county area to check them out. Very easy to get to.

Thats enough from me....time to go Ruger shopping!

-Scott 8-)

Im sure. that and everything I have seen says the trigger pull is stiff and gritty at first. I am so excited. I cant wait for my permits now!

BTW, did you ever find out more about that company making 15rd. magazines for the SR9?

-Scott

Im sure. that and everything I have seen says the trigger pull is stiff and gritty at first. I am so excited. I cant wait for my permits now!

BTW, did you ever find out more about that company making 15rd. magazines for the SR9?

-Scott

Sorry Scott, their not in the plans. btw, which one are you getting? By that I mean stainless, OD Green, or matte black

-Scott

Sorry Scott, their not in the plans. btw, which one are you getting? By that I mean stainless, OD Green, or matte black

Im getting the Stainless Steel, isnt that what you have too?

-Scott

Just start to pay attension to this thread. Not sure if anyone still wants to get one. A few weeks ago I saw Mike a Lou's unpacking some SR9s and he tried to sell me one. Not sure if he still has it.

Where is Lou's? How much did they want for it? Did they have any Stainless Steel ?

-Scott

Just start to pay attension to this thread. Not sure if anyone still wants to get one. A few weeks ago I saw Mike a Lou's unpacking some SR9s and he tried to sell me one. Not sure if he still has it.

Where is Lou's? How much did they want for it? Did they have any Stainless Steel ?

-Scott

Lou's Gun Shop

91 West Somerset Street,

Raritan, NJ 08869.

Phone : (908) 725-5251,

Talk to Mike. He will be THE most friendly gun dealer. I was there yesterday and I think I saw some Ruger SR9s. You can call him to find out. They are open 10-7 Mon-Sat.

-Scott

Im getting the Stainless Steel, isnt that what you have too?

-Scott

No, I got the OD green version. All my semi-autos are black and I wanted something different, My favorite color is green so that's what I got. I'm very happy with it and hope ammo prices drop so I can really run it threw it's paces.