2 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

The home page didn't open until the fourth try spaced over 4 to 5 minutes. I checked DNS resolution, it's OK. Ping response to the IP also OK. Must be a server issue.

Always. 

OK, this morning the thread performance is again erratic. This has been going on intermittently the last couple of weeks. I've compared my access to other websites with the forum in real time, and it's only the forum that's waiting. I've also run continuous pings to the IP and there's no hesitation or drop out while I'm waiting on page refreshes.

In any forum session, some posts may respond immediately, while others take 45 to 60 seconds to load. Although they do load eventually.

Anyone else noticing this? I'm also wondering if there's DB maintenance going on at any particular time of day.

31 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

OK, this morning the thread performance is again erratic. This has been going on intermittently the last couple of weeks. I've compared my access to other websites with the forum in real time, and it's only the forum that's waiting. I've also run continuous pings to the IP and there's no hesitation or drop out while I'm waiting on page refreshes.

In any forum session, some posts may respond immediately, while others take 45 to 60 seconds to load. Although they do load eventually.

Anyone else noticing this? I'm also wondering if there's DB maintenance going on at any particular time of day.

It’s systemic lagism. 

It has been slow to load/refresh for me this morning too. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, this_is_nascar said:

Is access to this site only available via a web browser?  I know that it's been decided, apparently, that TT will never come back, so is getting here with a browser the only way?

Perhaps a crystal ball, a kaleidoscope, a view master, or an etch-a-sketch? :crazy:

Response time terrible this morning around 9 AM. Eventually gave up on a number of page refreshes. Specifically in the Daily Humor thread, but that wasn't the only one.

Network server ping time just fine.