Sign in to follow this  
SpecialK

you can dream can't you

Well lets say that you NJ becomes sane and becomes a shall issue state. What would you like to carry? And where would you carry it? I carry a Beretta 8045F mini Cougar. I carry in the small of my back, since I can legally carry to school at Colorado State University. I am more concerned with deep concealment than a quick draw unfortunately.

Excellent question!

Depends on the weather and what I'm doing.

Cold weather or more clothes would be either my SR9 or Px4 9mm.

Warmer weather I might drop my Taurus M85 38 special in my pocket.

SpecialK thinks just like I do. Concealment is the most important factor. I got my Florida CCW many years ago. When you carry often, you have to adjust everything. You have to think about your clothing, the weather, will it be windy and lift you shirt. standing, sitting, places you'll go. If it comes here, I'd carry every day and anywhere allowed. I'm comfortable with it now as I did so much business travel over the years and carried my gun. My boss would always ask, why are all of your accounts in PA, VT, FL, etc :lol:

You carry the largest gun that you can control and conceal best. For some people that is a 5-shot J-Frame. For others it's a full size 1911.

Sometimes you just want to go light especially in hot weather.

IWB OWB, the list goes on and on. The one thing that is consistant among CCW folks is that they end up with boxes of holsters. I think I have 20. I use about 1/2 of them.

I've carried a 1911, j-frame, model 10, Det Special, Colt Cobra. 92FS.

Now it's the Sig P239 SAS DAK .40 in a High-Noon Sky-High. Next opportunity in PA in June

Mitch

Just another thought. When people start to CCW, they usually learn the hard way by carrying something too big or heavy. Believe me you will feel it at the end of the day especially if your rig is not right.

Top picks:

S & W J-Frame .38 - 5 shot = thin compared to 6 shot revolver

Glock 36 (single stack .45) Thin profile - NICE

Aluminum frame - 1911's single stack compact Thin profile

Sig P239 .40 single stack thin

You can see the theme. Thin profile is easiest to conceal, and easy on your body. You do lose mag capacity with single stack mags.

Solution - PRACTICE and carry an extra mag

the only reason I prefer concealment over accessibility is because I carry on campus. I can only imagine the chaos that would ensue if some of these dumb college kids would see my sidearm. Living in a gun friendly state that open carry is also legal you don't worry about people seeing your sidearm in public situations, but on campus it is unfortunately different. I could be charged with "inciting chaos" or whatever they are calling it here these days if one student saw it and screamed "he has a gun" and everyone panicked. It makes me said that we live in a nation of sheep that fear inanimate objects.

:lol: I'm only laughing because I just had a vision..... Open carry in NJ.

In this day and age even when I was in states that allowed open carry, I didn't. I just think you become a target. All you need is some drunk with beer muscles to single you out with open carry.

"Hey Tough-Guy, why you wearin a gun, I think I can kick your a#% !

Now what do you do, run? That's what the book says. Avoid all confrontation and remain low-key.

Tip of the day: Best way to win a gunfight is not to be in one.

we must be reading different books. If someone attacks me and I can't handle the attack with what god gave me, I shoot them.

I've open carried for years and the ridiculous scenario that you just came up with has never happened. "They" aren't going to brainwash me into thinking such nonsense when I move out there are "they"????????

Here in Colorado I can open carry into a bar if I want to, but I can't drink, so why would I be in a bar? I guess you just have drunks wandering all over NJ, which makes sense I might have to become one to get over giving up a handful of my rights :mrgreen: I live in a college town and while I can't carry openly on campus(college rules, not the law. I would get reprimanded by the school since I am a student there) I can openly carry every where else and I have yet to walk past a drunkard that wants to play with my sidearm. Most people that see you open carrying assume you are LE actually.

I've open carried for years and the ridiculous scenario that you just came up with has never happened. "They" aren't going to brainwash me into thinking such nonsense when I move out there are "they"????????

Here in Colorado I can open carry into a bar if I want to, but I can't drink, so why would I be in a bar? I guess you just have drunks wandering all over NJ, which makes sense I might have to become one to get over giving up a handful of my rights

Just because it has not happened to you does not make it a ridiculous scenario. (See below) No brainwashing here of gun owners, we know what is right. It's the anti-gunners that are brainwashed by our liberal legislature and media. It's our job to make things better. As far as drunks, we have our fair share here just like anyplace else. Just my opinion, I like concealed because nobody needs to know my business.

Fairfax County Police Department

Public Information Office

4100 Chain Bridge Road, Fairfax, Va. 22030

703-246-2253. TTY 703-204-2264. Fax 703-246-4253

[email protected]

www.fairfaxcounty.gov

News Release: 06/211/0388/RJP/(1)

July 31, 2006

Man robbed in the Centreville area

About 4:10 a.m. Sunday, July 30, officers were called to the area of Newton Patent Drive and Newton Tavern Drive. A 21-year-old Centreville-area man was robbed while walking on Newton Patent Drive. Two suspects approached the victim from behind, and placed a metal object up to the victim

the only way they would have my gun is taking it off my dead body. If you open carry you better be ready to defend yourself and your property(including your weapon). I do it to raise awareness about guns and how they are not evil. We should not be ashamed nor should guns be taboo. I often answer questions to people that ask me about it as well to inform the public about gun safety. It doesn't matter if I am open carrying, concealed carrying or not carrying at all situational awareness is always number one in my mind.

that is the one thing that totally irritates me about uneducated people.

They think all firearms are weapons designed for the owner to go out on a rampage.

To buy a firearm, you need to jump through hoops, esp in NJ. Yet... any idiot with 10 DUI's, from the looney bin, with $20k in cash can go out to a car dealership, buy a car with cash, drive it out, and run over 100 people at the mall.... no questions asked.

People who are for more gun control are focusing on a small problem, and missing the big picture...

F'ed up parents lead to f'ed up kids.

I'd CC an HK P7M8, but let's be serious, that's not happening any time soon.

I'll take 30 round mags first.

Second that, 30 round mags and make pistol grip, folding stock AK's legal. I want one real bad.