always_an_eagle

Who can pin AR magazines

Hello everybody, I'm new to the forum. My friend is building an AR-15 that is chambered in 7.62x39. Since he is going the 7.62x39 route he can't use his conventional 223/556 AR magazines. If he wants to get magazines chambered for 7.62x39 he can only order magazines that hold 10 rounds. Who could pin standard magazines to the NJ legal 15 rounds? Thank you for the help.

Not interested. [emoji23]

The design is messed up to start with. Stick with the 10 rounders.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

I'm trying to talk to him out of it. He has a bunch of standard 223 AR mags but he has a bunch of ammo for his saiga rifle. He is set to do it to do it but I keep telling him to just build a 556 rifle.

for a 7.62 ar you need to get one of the reliable metal mags, cproducts or asc, and you can use a magblok from http://www.magazineblocks.com/magento/ar-7-62x39-block.html

while i have no first hand, i have researched and have a build list to do one day,  it is my understanding that the limited mags work better then a full mag. also look into truming the area between the feedlips, that is one of the most common feeding problems they have

for a 7.62 ar you need to get one of the reliable metal mags, cproducts or asc, and you can use a magblok from http://www.magazineblocks.com/magento/ar-7-62x39-block.html

while i have no first hand, i have researched and have a build list to do one day,  it is my understanding that the limited mags work better then a full mag. also look into truming the area between the feedlips, that is one of the most common feeding problems they have

Are these magazine blocks NJ legal?

provided that they are "permanently" attached, then yes. magblock actually sells an epoxy for the purpose. if you afix the floorplate then your permanent. problem then is you cant clean the mag. ive heard of people gluing the spring to the block, but have not tried it first hand. i have a few ak mags mags with epoxy on the floorplate and a few with riveted on floor plates

Disclaimer: i am not a lawyer. i do not provide legal advice. ymmv

that is correct. you either need to get them legally into the state, or have them blocked out of state

it is my understanding that transporting parts kit magazines is ok, provided that they are in separate components in separate compartments, ala handgun and ammo for transport.

IF i were to do such a thing i would place the mag bodies in one suitcase, the springs in another, and so forth, sans the spring guide that the block replaces. bring them home as a parts kit and reassemble with the block and affix it permanently to the mag. i am not advocating this method, only explaining that it to my knowledge technically could be done, at least im so informed by a retailer in PA

i do not know the availability of cproducts or asc AR x39 mags at retail in PA

there is also the option to have all the parts sent to someones house out of state, modified and shipped in as compliant mags. ive been able to get that done for the price of a bottle of captain.

sadly you need to ba a democrat voting reporter to get away with breaking mag laws.

someone needs to make an affordable ar lower that takes ak mags that works with standard ar components. all of the ones im aware of need a proprietary upper, or are ludicrous priced

Drum up the demand.  The reason why we're in the golden age of standard AR components is because everyone and their mother is pumping parts out, competing and clawing for every tenth of a percent in efficiency gains, driving prices down.