Scotch plains area

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 fiddle

fiddle
  • LocationEWR

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:24 AM

Hello all,
Just moved to the Scotch plains area, any near by ranges you guys use.? Came from Newark, used bullet hole out of convenience before I moved.
Thanks

#2 Krdshrk

Krdshrk

Really needs to clean his guns...

• Moderators
  • 15,554 posts
  • LocationLinden
  • Home Range:SCFGPA

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:36 AM

You're literally right in the middle of several ranges.  It's like 30 mins to Gun for Hire, Bullet Hole, OBRPC and SCFGPA from there...

-Nick
NJ ZED Sergeant - Central Squad
USPSA #TY-70447 - Class D - NROI Certified RO
IDPA #A43721 - SSP Marksman

NRA Life Member #180509681

This is gay.

I'm totally in.

#3 fiddle

fiddle
  • LocationEWR

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:18 PM

Didn't know I had that many options.
Thank you..

#4 Krdshrk

Krdshrk

Really needs to clean his guns...

• Moderators
  • 15,554 posts
  • LocationLinden
  • Home Range:SCFGPA

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:27 PM

OBRPC and SCFGPA are private membership ranges.  Only Bullet Hole and Gun for Hire are public ranges.

Other, slightly further public ranges are RTSP in Randolph and Tactical Training Center in Flemington.

-Nick
NJ ZED Sergeant - Central Squad
USPSA #TY-70447 - Class D - NROI Certified RO
IDPA #A43721 - SSP Marksman

NRA Life Member #180509681

This is gay.

I'm totally in.

#5 Lecky

Lecky
  • Home Range:OBRPC

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:52 PM

I'm also in scotch plains, I was a member at old bridge for years but let my membership lapse due to never going because of time restraints. Prob going to start going to RTSP

#6 The brew guy

The brew guy
  • LocationSpringfield
  • Home Range:RTSP

Posted 14 January 2017 - 01:59 PM

You're literally right in the middle of several ranges.  It's like 30 mins to Gun for Hire, Bullet Hole, OBRPC and SCFGPA from there...

LOL, your foot must be heavier than mine...
  • Taipan likes this
Want to ask Christie for his help? I'd suggest starting by saying something nice to break the ice. Maybe tell emperor Christie him much you like his new 2A suit.

#7 Taipan

Taipan
  • LocationUnion County, NJ
  • Home Range:Shongum Sportsmen's Assoc.

Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:19 PM

I'm in Scotch Plains also.   I find most ranges to be about 45 minutes.   I like OBRPC but no longer a member.   Currently a member of Shongum Sportsments Assoc., but that's an hour.  

What part of "Shall Not Be Infringed" don't you understand?

NRA, NJ2AS

Glock 19

Smith & Wesson, M&P Shield

Smith & Wesson model 37 j-frame

H&R Sportsman 22 LR

Remington 597

Gewehr 98

#8 gleninjersey

gleninjersey

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:29 AM

Easton Game and Fish Association (EFGA) is prob about an hour from you. Outdoor range little over 10 minutes from first exit off 78 once you cross into PA (Phantom Fireworks exit). Very affordable and not much further than many NJ ranges.

3 covevered pistol ranges, one is rimfire only, a 100 yard rifle range and an "action pit" where you can practice drawing and firing and also shoot shotgun.

Yes it's further but for price it can't be beat and it's not that much further than most ranges in NJ. If you would like tour IM me and I can guest you in.

Also look for the shotgun shotout clay shots we have in Clinton few times each year. It's right off 78 at the Clinton Wildlife Preserve Area (exit 13). Lot's of fun!
  • Purple Patrick likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users